X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a great day to me Greg.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I took the Africa Twin out and went to look at America.

2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
      2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
      1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
      2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
      1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
      1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
      1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
      Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
        I took the Africa Twin out and went to look at America.

LOL. I was down along 0 Ave last week while on a trip to see my brother in Ladner. See you found one of the new border markers.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
          Had a nice sunny start to our usual Saturday morning ride yesterday despite the damp and patchy roads.

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr

The clouds came and went, and in this case came in just in time for the awesome view photo opportunity so it wasn't so awesome...

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
          Curious how you gents came to know each other? I'd be excited to see another GS around here, much less 4 Katanas riding together.
          Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
          2006 GSXR 750

Comment

No pictures as I didn't see anything very noteworthy but I took a quick 3 hour jaunt down to Kentucky late this afternoon to hit a couple of nice roads and get away from home. Of course to do it in that time meant I was on the slab for the first and last 50 miles but I still enjoyed myself. I'm thinking I'll get out for a weekend of it next week though it's promising to be a bit colder than it was today.
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
              LOL. I was down along 0 Ave last week while on a trip to see my brother in Ladner. See you found one of the new border markers.
              Yup, I love that road for some reason, just riding along an imaginary line, even though it's basically dead straight for 10KM.

As soon as I saw those new markers I tried to find one that had flat ground to park on and it was a bonus to have Mount Baker in the background.

David
              2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
              2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
              1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
              2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
              1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
              1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
              1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
              Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                Curious how you gents came to know each other? I'd be excited to see another GS around here, much less 4 Katanas riding together.
                Funnily enough it started via the GS Resources! I won't make this too long

I joined here many moons ago due to having my GS450. Along the way I met some local people on here (one of them shares my postcode, the fella to my immediate left in the photo) and after my rebuild was done we started riding together.

On one of our rides the Katana Australia fellas around here joined us, and then after joining that forum I discovered that a few of those guys met every Saturday for a morning ride just up the road from me.

Of course after seeing Katanas up close and personal I got the itch for my own very quickly (I always liked them, just didn't realise I wanted one!), and the fellas occasionally throwing me the keys to theirs just encouraged me, and now I have my very own
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

No pics from me today as I didn't think anyone would enjoy the scenery. 476 miles of beauty between Omaha and Liberal Kansas. Man, talk about boring....... It ranks right up there next to watching paint dry.
                  I'm in the process of winterizing the Honda to it's temporary home in Mesa Arizona.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Godspeed Larry. Just a few more days of riding and you'll be into the good stuff! At least you're headed in the right direction for better riding weather.
                    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                      No pics from me today as I didn't think anyone would enjoy the scenery. 476 miles of beauty between Omaha and Liberal Kansas. Man, talk about boring.........
                      In direction you are going, an other 400 miles, things will improve. Will see pics then, right?m

I do recommend this idea you have of having a bike stuck away in some warm place that you can visit in the winter. I further recommend that you visit there for more than a week or two a year.

Liberal KS.
                      US54
                      Looks like you are headed straight to Mesa AZ, although not on interstate. And not thru CO and UT.
                      Last edited by Redman; 11-05-2019, 06:21 PM. Reason: i do recommend

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                        Godspeed Larry. Just a few more days of riding and you'll be into the good stuff! At least you're headed in the right direction for better riding weather.
                        Thanks Greg, I got into the good stuff today. Wall to wall sunshine and temps right close to 70*

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        In direction you are going, an other 400 miles, things will improve. Will see pics then, right?m

I do recommend this idea you have of having a bike stuck away in some warm place that you can visit in the winter. I further recommend that you visit there for more than a week or two a year.

Liberal KS.
                        US54
                        Looks like you are headed straight to Mesa AZ, although not on interstate. And not thru CO and UT.
                        I'll see what I can do Dave, although I'm not real fond of slowing for pics. When I do go there for visiting, it will definitely be for longer than just a week, more likely it will be 10-14 days at a time. This retirement thing is finally paying off.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
                          Yup, I love that road for some reason, just riding along an imaginary line, even though it's basically dead straight for 10KM.

As soon as I saw those new markers I tried to find one that had flat ground to park on and it was a bonus to have Mount Baker in the background.

David
                          I think it's cool too despite the numerous speedhumps along its length.

IMG_1914 copy.jpg
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Yup, 2 " of snow accumulated. 21' when I got home. The TUX is an awesome snow commuter!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Jedz, I hope that's a typo and you meant 21", not 21'!!! 21" is bad enough.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

21 degrees Fahrenheit and 2 inches of snow
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X