anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Yup, 2 " of snow accumulated. 21' when I got home. The TUX is an awesome snow commuter!
    THat plexifairing (covers grips and has lowers) was a welcomed addition, I am sure.

The accumulation on the fairing, that accumulated going down road.....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yeah Dave that was just build up from the ride, my pants were just as encrusted. The wood stove was a welcomed sight coming inside!!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Yeah Dave that was just build up from the ride, my pants were just as encrusted. The wood stove was a welcomed sight coming inside!!
        You know Jedz, you might want to consider those testosterone pills that are widely advertised on TV. No offense, but that little extra boost might help.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yeah Dave that was just build up from the ride, my pants were just as encrusted. .....................
          Now I see this.

The TUX is Awesome in the snow with snow tires!
          Same ride, I suspect.

Next time someone says I am nutso for riding in winter (occassional, dry roads), I can think of you.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            You know Jedz, you might want to consider those testosterone pills that are widely advertised on TV. No offense, but that little extra boost might help.
            I don't watch TV (anything main steam, cable bill turned into my monthly MC budget years ago) so unsure about these pills your referring too...

So I went in for my Lyme Disease follow up all my blood work was solid so... I'm pill free and I like it like that. As for testosterone... The new Mrs. Jedz can attest I don't need anymore of that!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Now I see this.

Same ride, I suspect.

Next time someone says I am nutso for riding in winter (occassional, dry roads), I can think of you.
              Yes same ride!

I just went out this AM low 20's. I'll be riding to work tomorrow for the wife needs the truck as her car is in the shop. 8" of snow expected. Going to be a doozie but the tires and lack of hp is a good combo and I'm confident in the little Suzuki will get me to work and back in the white stuff...
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

........................................I'll be riding to work tomorrow . . . . . . . . . . 8" of snow expected. Going to be a doozie but the tires and lack of hp is a good combo and I'm confident in the little Suzuki will get me to work and back in the white stuff...
                I was going to ask for an update tommorow, but then, I suspect, I don't need to ask.

Comment

Yes same ride!

I just went out this AM low 20's. I'll be riding to work tomorrow for the wife needs the truck as her car is in the shop. 8" of snow expected. Going to be a doozie but the tires and lack of hp is a good combo and I'm confident in the little Suzuki will get me to work and back in the white stuff...
                  So Jedz, will you be riding at night? That would be my biggest concern, well that and keeping warm! Ride on my brother. 👍
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    So Jedz, will you be riding at night? That would be my biggest concern, well that and keeping warm! Ride on my brother. 👍
                    I get YouTube video updates from jedz...he is a character on those rides!

I love how enthusiastic he is...loves riding in cold weather.

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

...As for testosterone... The new Mrs. Jedz can attest I don't need anymore of that!
                      Just give it time - you'd be surprised what a few decades can do!

I had the same news vs motorcycle moment. When I realized my New York Times home delivery was just shy of $1k a year, I thought, "Daily paper delivery, or put 11E back on road?"

You'd need an atomic clock to measure how long that decision took.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post

Ed
                        I 'accompanied' Jedz on a sunrise ride to work one brisk morning - loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          I was going to ask for an update tommorow, but then, I suspect, I don't need to ask.

No ride. There is risk and acceptable risk. by noon today we could have up to 8 inches of snow, I'm not worried about me but the idiots on the road. Wife and I carpooled this AM and I'm hitching a ride with a buddy after work. I got out this AM to snow and an inch already. So I might do a local ride in the woods but I'm not down for 50 miles round in the snow today.

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                          So Jedz, will you be riding at night? That would be my biggest concern, well that and keeping warm! Ride on my brother. 
                          Norm, Sending you a text soon, just to catch up! Been a hot minute. Yeah this AM was icy dark and snowing, hard riding conditions it was suppose to start around noon and I can make my way home if I get there on bare roads but 50 miles of snow is a bit too much. Might go for a little jaunt this afternoon though through the woods!

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post

Ed
                          Thanks Ed for subscribing!!! I have almost 800 subscribers now... I'm glad Folks are enjoying the videos! Thanks for watching!

Just give it time - you'd be surprised what a few decades can do!

I had the same news vs motorcycle moment. When I realized my New York Times home delivery was just shy of $1k a year, I thought, "Daily paper delivery, or put 11E back on road?"

You'd need an atomic clock to measure how long that decision took.

I 'accompanied' Jedz on a sunrise ride to work one brisk morning - loved it!
                          That was me and cable TV. No Brainer... I get all my TV watching filled from Netflix, hulu and Youtube. Don't watch too much TV. Hate watching sports and local crap... Sitcoms and stuff like that do nothing for me. Rather be wrenching or if I'm on the couch I'm likey playing Super Nintendo or N46.

Still have a couple decades till retirement (currently on track to retire at 55) I'm sure at that point my biology will be a touch different! I'll enjoy what I got for now!

Thanks Rob for watching!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Last ride of the season? Hope not, wanna be more like Jedz

Beautiful, crisp fall mountain ride. Tried out my new $22 ebay windscreen. Love the look, and it's mildly functional, about $22's worth.

Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I remember those days; why did I ever move to Colorado and then out here? Oh yea, work.
                              sigpic
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

go for ride..... today....?

As much of ride as I went for today

and since then, got more snow than that again.

Last edited by Redman; 11-12-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X