• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jedz, just tell them No Hotdogs for You! 😕
    Trevor, that's a good one, I'm going to have to remember that one! 😅
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      Jedz, just tell them No Hotdogs for You! 
      Trevor, that's a good one, I'm going to have to remember that one! 
      Lol... I can’t take credit for it. A friend recently bought a Kawasaki zx1400 and he has one of those tail luggage pieces.. and a buddy called it a barbecue. lol..it is funny..but ugly!
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Lol... I can’t take credit for it. A friend recently bought a Kawasaki zx1400 and he has one of those tail luggage pieces.. and a buddy called it a barbecue. lol..it is funny..but ugly!
        I'm going to call it that from now on! Ugly but functional. Function over form has allays been my MO.
        Kinda wish they made better looking luggage, it's either BBQ or Tool box.
        Cheers!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

What doesn't help it, both in looks and dynamics, is the absurdly high positioning of it. Tradtional top box racks were a good few inches lower.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Convenience trumps looks every time when you commute on the bike.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
              Obviously in this case. lol
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                What doesn't help it, both in looks and dynamics, is the absurdly high positioning of it. Tradtional top box racks were a good few inches lower.
                That's a KG rack off a 1982 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim I parted out and made a good amount of coin off of. The Triumph Rack broke on my way home from Tennessee 2 season ago. That old school rack is SOLID. Very impressed with the +35K miles I've put on it since I installed it in 2018.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Obviously in this case. lol
                  HAHA And there's the zinger, nice pun
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                    Amen, brotha
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Question....why not just put the saddle bags on?
                      No signature

Comment

Question....why not just put the saddle bags on?
                        I have those too!!!

Super set to live off the bike for 3 weeks this summer!
                        I've noticed with the side cases I get more drag than the top case. As funky as the BBQ looks it actually is more aerodynamic than the side cases and yields better MPG.
                        I tried using that accessory screen and wasn't a fan. The fly screen works well as is.
                        You can watch the video and see the new kick a$$ 2-1 pipe I put on this winter, or not just the quickest way to show an image of the side cases...
                        Best,
                        Last edited by Jedz123; 02-25-2020, 02:07 PM.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

All I can say is go the top box! I had throw over saddle bags on the 450, just became a royal PITA as they're not secure so you need to take them with you every time you park which is painful on the commute. The ones I have also aren't any more than splashproof. The top box is secure and waterproof.

The other benefit is when lane filtering. Saddlebags or panniers are an extra consideration to width when filtering, the top box isn't something you need to consider as it's narrower than the 'bars and mirrors.

No they're not pretty, but so practical!
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I have a water proof nap sack I put my laptop in... I can’t stand making my bike any uglier than it is. Lol
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              That's a KG rack off a 1982 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim I parted out and made a good amount of coin off of. The Triumph Rack broke on my way home from Tennessee 2 season ago. That old school rack is SOLID. Very impressed with the +35K miles I've put on it since I installed it in 2018.
                              Yeah, the old racks were pretty good but fetch stupid money these days.
                              I'm going to make one from scratch for the XS, and avoid the daft prices.
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

That's not a rear trunk, that's a sleeper cab!
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X