anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    After getting everything in line at the DMV this morning, I took a nice ride to the Ohio River. I'm not quite sure how many miles I rode, I'm still having trouble finding the right menu in the computer that shows the odometer! It was a little chilly today only warming to 50°, but Sunday is supposed to be 60°! I have to keep the RPM's under 4,000 for the first 1,000 miles. Hopefully I can take care of that within a week or two. ��
    Let me know if you want some help with that 1000 miles. I’ll show you a nice 300 mile route from my place
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      Let me know if you want some help with that 1000 miles. I’ll show you a nice 300 mile route from my place
      For sure Cowboy. Maybe towards the end of March beginning of April.👍 Larry, the owners manual says to keep it under 4,000 RPM for the first 1,000 miles also change the oils at 500 miles then again at 1,000 miles. I understand changing the oils, but I'm not sure what the theory is keeping it under 4,000 rpm? 80mph in sixth gear is about 3,700 rpm's. I'm okay with that for now...
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

For sure Cowboy. Maybe towards the end of March beginning of April. Larry, the owners manual says to keep it under 4,000 RPM for the first 1,000 miles also change the oils at 500 miles then again at 1,000 miles. I understand changing the oils, but I'm not sure what the theory is keeping it under 4,000 rpm? 80mph in sixth gear is about 3,700 rpm's. I'm okay with that for now...
        Well, considering the factory bumps it on to the rollers and revs the snot out of it at the end of production, I'd say the break-in has happened.
        Combined with far superior machining tolerances than used to be the norm, and modern oils, I'd not see much to worry about.
        Far more to be wary of being too careful with it and glazing the bores, which still happens when engines are run-in too gently.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

For sure Cowboy. Maybe towards the end of March beginning of April.�� Larry, the owners manual says to keep it under 4,000 RPM for the first 1,000 miles also change the oils at 500 miles then again at 1,000 miles. I understand changing the oils, but I'm not sure what the theory is keeping it under 4,000 rpm? 80mph in sixth gear is about 3,700 rpm's. I'm okay with that for now...
          I’m planning on a trip to the Corvette museum leaving here Apr 3rd. Wife and kids will join me that night to walk through there for a couple of hours on Saturday. When they will head back home, I’ll head west to Land Between the lakes (hope to meet with Scott Marvin). I’ll come back through Bedford and get home on Monday the 6th. You are more than welcome to join for all or part of that if you want
          sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Rode today...then home for my Friday afternoon safety meeting...had some fun with my Harley buddy!

No signature

Comment

A bit of a ride on the GSX1100G up in the country north of I-70.
              20200307_141937(1).jpg
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Another picture

20200307_142833(1).jpg
                Current Bikes:

Comment

And another.20200307_143641(1).jpg
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

Gosh that bike looks familiar! Glad you're enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                      A bit of a ride on the GSX1100G up in the country north of I-70.

Good ! !

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey
                        45 degF this afternoon.
                        No snowbanks remaining to melt across road....
                        ... And.... Had a little bit of rain since last snow-salt.

Yep, New helmet AND new jacket.

Tomorrow suppose to be a bit warmer.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I went on a search for waterfalls today. Although there are a few just north of me, I wanted to get away for the entire day so I went East to Hocking Hills and two falls - Cedar and the falls at Old Man's Cave. Had to putter by an Amish buggy rider from behind but did so more out of respect for him; horse took the Bandit in stride though. Sadly I had to complete the pass on a curve because I really couldn't get much slower without stopping. Fortunately I could see well through the curve and didn't have issues with oncoming traffic.

It sure is nice to get off the main roads - leaves aren't in yet but this Piney Creek Road still looked very nice. I'd like to go hit this area again.
                          Piney Creek Road by Scott Baker, on Flickr

The Upper Falls at Old Man's Creek
                          Upper Falls Old Mans Cave by Scott Baker, on Flickr

A smaller set at Cedar Falls
                          Smaller fall at Cedar falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                          Last edited by cowboyup3371; 03-08-2020, 11:46 PM.
                          sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

+300 miles last week. We are officially a go for 2020! Was out of town all weekend but hoping this week to nab a proper 1000 miles!

Best,
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Short ride Sunday
                              P1060566 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Comment

Soaking ride after work... 120 miles Needed it, $hit $how at work.

33' on my ride in... Riding till I can't my only vise.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X