anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Took a 40 mile spin out to Saguaro Lake. Sheriff had every rec area closed, so I swung in at the dam for a quick photo.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]60640[/ATTACH]
    Looks like some good social distancing going on!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Hell yeah, Jedz!
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

I got a nice socially distant 55 miles yesterday (Sunday) on the GS. I'm sort of on the edge of Indianapolis, and there are some surprisingly interesting back roads near here if you know where to look. My wife had to work, so I decided to stay fairly close to home.

The wind out of the west was nuts. There are a couple of airports I like to swing past to gawp at some purdy planes. Nothing seemed to be happening at Eagle Creek, but that probably was because of the extreme crosswinds from the west; the runway points mostly north/south, and the wind definitely exceeded the crosswind component of anything that could land there.

The runways at Indy International point mostly southwest, so I saw a few departures and arrivals. With light loads plus high winds, they definitely seemed to pop off the ground pretty quick. There were quite a few airliners parked there for the duration. IND is a pretty busy FedEx hub, and their traffic seems to have increased lately.

And of course, I also did some garage cleaning and organization. With three bikes, tools, parts, etc. it's a tight fit if I don't keep things tidy, and I had let things pile up a little over the last month or so.

What I want to know is where all the dang cobwebs down low come from. I clean out the corners and crannies regularly (I have everything under my shelves set up so it's off the floor in containers or able to roll out), but no matter what I do it takes maybe a month to start looking like the Crypt Keeper's living room under there. And I never really see spiders.
        Last edited by bwringer; 03-30-2020, 09:19 AM.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Finally! Weather and family commitments aligned to allow me to get a bike out yesterday. Rode one of my favourite local loops for about 3 hours.

FavLoop by Greg White, on Flickr

Looks like they've added a new boat landing near the dam. Had to grab a couple of shots.

IMG_0313 (2) by Greg White, on Flickr

IMG_0315 (2) by Greg White, on Flickr

Felt wonderful to be out and blast around. As expected, traffic was light. Did see a few LEO on one of the funnest roads. Got lucky that I was stuck behind a cage at the time. Otherwise I might have been busted stretching my legs a little.
          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

That Tiger is a helluva good looking bike.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

How can you distance yourself doing the speed limit? 🤔 "I wasn't speeding officer, I was practicing Social Distancing."
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Took both Cooley's out yesterday...first time I've taken the new one out....pods are fun...and not! Lol...I think the steering bearing needs replaced...that Hindle sounds awesome though!

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Took both Cooley's out yesterday...first time I've taken the new one out....pods are fun...and not! Lol...I think the steering bearing needs replaced...that Hindle sounds awesome though!

My mind is racing, but my body's in the lead
                  Tonight's the night, I'm gonna push it to the limit
                  I live all of my years in a single minute
                  Fill my eyes with that double vision

.................................................. .....
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    My mind is racing, but my body's in the lead
                    Tonight's the night, I'm gonna push it to the limit
                    I live all of my years in a single minute
                    Fill my eyes with that double vision

.................................................. .....
                    That's funny! ^^
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                      That Tiger is a helluva good looking bike.
                      I agree... That thing is Awesome!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I love my Tiger, but those Cooley's are simply spectacular!
                        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Hey Greg, you been on the Short Mtn. Hwy (146) south of Smithville?, just past the distillery turn north on Pee Ridge rd. then west at the 3 way stop, down Big Hill rd. thru Gazzaway. nice alternate loop & come out appx. half way between Liberty & Woodbury, on Hwy 53. Nice rds. around here ain't they. If head'in out for a couple hrs. give me a shout. I'm usually not busy.
                          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                            Hey Greg, you been on the Short Mtn. Hwy (146) south of Smithville?, just past the distillery turn north on Pee Ridge rd. then west at the 3 way stop, down Big Hill rd. thru Gazzaway. nice alternate loop & come out appx. half way between Liberty & Woodbury, on Hwy 53. Nice rds. around here ain't they. If head'in out for a couple hrs. give me a shout. I'm usually not busy.
                            Ricky! Long time no see. Hope all is well. I've been by the distillery, and wandered around and got lost some in that general area. All nice roads and scenery, but I don't know the area well.

If work isn't too busy and the weather cooperates, I might sneak away for a bit Friday. Would be cool to ride with you again. I'll give you a call Thursday and see if you'll be around.

Comment

The day started off pretty crappy but this afternoon turned out nicely..

No signature

Comment

Looks nice!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X