anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    What a whirlwind the last couple of days were. Traveled pretty far to get my new machine and took it out for 100 miles... What a monster... Love it!

/
    /
    /,
    Jez, You got a VMax. Those are truly something.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got out for a two hour ride this afternoon. Was great, 60degF.
      Had been cold for a couple weeks, and then rainy for a couple days.
      Saw a few sport bikes, and several Harleys (non waved).

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Got out for a two hour ride this afternoon. Was great, 60degF.
        Had been cold for a couple weeks, and then rainy for a couple days.
        Saw a few sport bikes, and several Harleys (non waved).
        And pics???
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Got the family out for a portrait. Rode each bike today, love each one of em in their own unique way.

Topped the Vmax or half a tank (1.8 gallons) and she yielded 35.3 MPG. Haha I don't care...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            And pics???
            You think I have pictures of every ride, ,,, ,and that I think everyone want to see the same ol' pics?

Was a local ride, same roads have posted pics before, and not the GS.
            Would just be another boring pic like many others I have posted before.

Comment

Okay

Comment

Looking good Dave! How is the BMW treating you?
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

With restrictions lifted a little this week I got the 750 out for its first proper ride. It's running great and handles pretty well for an older bike.

My mate joined me on his GS850G - we swapped and that's also a great bike to ride.

Hopefully we get plenty more nice days before it gets to winter - I just want to keep riding!
                  1984 GSX750EF
                  2000 KTM 200 exc
                  2004 KLR 650
                  1992 XR600R

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Okay
                    Nice....A proper BMW scowl...
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Jedz, wanna know what's wro,nhwith that picture? No dirt bike!!!!!!!!

Comment

No dirt riding for me. I tried it and it was pretty unenjoyable. The TU250X does the trails well enough but the deep woods stuff, not my bag baby. I'd get a track bike before a dirt bike I think. I was thinking though, a little 125cc pit bike or 2 would be nice to have on the property. But I don't see a full on dirt bike ever being a part of my heard... However 1 thing I have learned about Motorcycle s is to never say never . Cheers!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Loccoli View Post
                          With restrictions lifted a little this week I got the 750 out for its first proper ride. It's running great and handles pretty well for an older bike.

My mate joined me on his GS850G - we swapped and that's also a great bike to ride.

Hopefully we get plenty more nice days before it gets to winter - I just want to keep riding!
                          Glad to see you got it out finally, looking real good! Yes it's absolutely perfect riding weather and it's been sad to see it going by without being able to take advantage of it.

We took advantage of the restrictions easing yesterday also, great ride well within our 150kms of home and we got half way to our new limit of 10 in a group

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            Nice....A proper BMW scowl...
                            Ha!

Actually for that I would need a 6 hundred dollar helmet, 8 hundred dollar jacket, 5 hundered dollar pants and 3 hundred dollar boots.

I though I was having a happy smile, but maybe that is obscured by something (cant see corners of smile).
                            And maybe was squinting cuz haveing hard time seeing image on screen.

Comment

So I didnt hazard having myself in roadside pic on todays ride

Rode in to near grandrapids to pass off some tools and parts to SonInLaw for a household project they are doing. (wife annoyed that we did not go and see them/grandkid).

SonInLaw did keep distance (he is ER RN). Stood around chatting for 3/4th hour.

At some point will need to decide if I can show over facetime how to install breaker in panel and connect the wiring . . . . or maybe that will wait till I can get there.

ANyway, good ride over roads that somewhat follow river.
                              Last edited by Redman; 05-16-2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I went for a ride today, I was going to see the sunset, but had a couple of hours to kill so I just rode around for a bit first.

I tried to get a picture of Hinnøyas (Norways biggest island, which I live on) highest mountain, but it was obscured behind some power lines so I gave up and kept going. Then I saw this intersection with a road I've never explored, I was fairly hesitant because my bike was just cleaned, but I figured bikes are for exploring, so I should see what was there.

And there it was! Directly over the mirror (where the towers are) is Sætertinden (1095 metres tall). I love going to the top of that mountain, its a wonderfull half day trip (a lot less if you jog). After this parking lot it was a sign forbidding anyone not owning land there to pass, so I turned around (seemed to be a cabin area, so probably not very interessting).

Sunset at Nupen. There was some girl sitting at the beach on a rock, and it looked so peacefull. I considered snapping a picture but I felt it would be a violation of her privacy (even know it would be unidentifiable). Maybe next time Ill bring a blanket to sit on and go down there. Its a rocky beach, super peacefull.

Edit: I also wanted to go watch the sunrise (sunset was at 23:36, sunrise is at 2:05 or something), but my wife said I had to go to bed before two so we can celebrate norwegian 4th of july (its on the 17th, we celebrate being germanless). I am also confused about where the sun rises, I think Id have to cross a mountain to get to the right place (or does the sun rise everywhere?). Very confusing.
                                Last edited by Noreg; 05-16-2020, 07:44 PM.
                                GS1000G 1981

Comment

Working...
                                X