No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a Seafoam intake treatment and cleaned the Harley's air filter and then did a 10 mile blast down the highway and got groceries on the way back. No time for pics, as heavy storms are rolling in. I just got home before a haboob blew through.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Thursday had about 150 mile route planned, which would be longest ride of the year, by far. THe few other rides this year have beet 15-20- maybe 30 miles.

Pulled RT out of garage, turned key, instrument lights barley on. -NoStart-. Has sat off the charger for 11 days. Didnt notice if maybe I didnt have key in the Off-off position or just the off position which is really an aux position. If that bike needs another battery (has been 4 years), its near $200 and have to remove half the tupperware to replace it (near $200 shop labor).

So took the Shadow500, and took a shorter route, about 100 miles.
      And did not stop for photos.

Took some roads that somewhat follow the Muskegon River into Newaygo.
      Did take a little side trip down a gravel road to a marshy area, found all the rain and the high water to be up over the road, so turned around.
      And stopped at a little bridge over a creek/marsch to just look around. And took a picture.

Had an other stopp for lunch at an icecream stand, and an other stop to just get off and walk around.

Got home after about 2 3/4 hours. Was tired. Laid down to stretch out my back, and snoozed off for about an hour.
      Geepers, guess I need to get out more.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Friday, after RT on tender, it did start and went for a short ride out of town, and then back into town down by the beach.

Took opportunity to get Butchs Beach Burritto before there are more tourist in town.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Yah! How 'bout that!
          Dont have to take out an axle (and odd spacers) to remove rear wheel.
          First thing I did was check those 4 bolts to make sure they were tight. Some things take a little getting used to.
          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
            . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Some things take a little getting used to.
            You see what is over my shoulder behind me in above pic.......?

Yes, a lots of new/different stuff to get used to.
            Ibought mine remotely, then When I first approached it, I could not figure where to put the key, so then tried to open side bag and could not figure that, so went back to the key, and went back to sidebags, and key.... and sidebags.... after about 5 minutes I was wondering "What did I do? THis thing is so different."
            THen I realized it allready had a custom key in it, but had a big decorative Roundel thing on it that partly obscured the legend. And I figured the handle on the sidebags is really two handles, and operate both of them just to open bag and only one to remove bag. So was like 10 minutes before tried to start it, and man, alll the flashing warning lights. And first time getting rolling and touch the brakes, whooaaaah.
            If I said anymore about '02 1150 you would think I am a crabby grumpy negative guy.
            Let me guess, maybe like me, your first BMW, with about no prior exposure/involvement to BMWs.
            (will PM)
            Last edited by Redman; 05-31-2020, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
              I finally got my new bike all legal today. NYS DMV is partially shut down and even more confusing than normal. I rode on a few different types of road and it felt great everywhere. So smooth. I think this one is a keeper.

I've taken pictures of almost every bike I've owned at this spot overlooking the gorge at Letchworth State Park. Seemed like a good place for pics for the insurance company.

Handled the dirt roads at least as well as any of my GS's.

Those are sweet machines. If they were more affordable, I'd love to own its grandfather, the R100GS in the white and blue.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

You see what is over my shoulder behind me in above pic.......?

Yes, a lots of new/different stuff to get used to.
                Ibought mine remotely, then When I first approached it, I could not figure where to put the key, so then tried to open side bag and could not figure that, so went back to the key, and went back to sidebags, and key.... and sidebags.... after about 5 minutes I was wondering "What did I do? THis thing is so different."
                THen I realized it allready had a custom key in it, but had a big decorative Roundel thing on it that partly obscured the legend. And I figured the handle on the sidebags is really two handles, and operate both of them just to open bag and only one to remove bag. So was like 10 minutes before tried to start it, and man, alll the flashing warning lights. And first time getting rolling and touch the brakes, whooaaaah.
                If I said anymore about '02 1150 you would think I am a crabby grumpy negative guy.
                Let me guess, maybe like me, your first BMW, with about no prior exposure/involvement to BMWs.
                (will PM)
                Never got within a couple feet of one before except for my kid's s1000rr.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Say Cheese!

Pumpkin heads by Roger, on Flickr

Saw this old couple tonight. Friendly folks, didn't talk much though...
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

That's a fun pic, Roger.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Today I went for a ride to cure my fear of ferries. I don't mind them when in a car, but I don't understand bikes and ferries. Some say you just cut in line (two other bikes did so I just followed them) and I dont really want to strap the bike to the boat.

75 nok (about 7.5 eur/dollars) to go from Harstad to Sørollnes.

On the other side. Before this there were a tunnel that banned cyclists and walking people from entring, I pondered a bit about how a motorcycle helmet protected me against gasses... I still aren't sure.

Entered Gratangsfjellet from another direction (actually were here twice, had to check out both roads there).

I dropped my bike trying to quickly get this shot (not the safest place to park).

This ride was very challening, the roads today has mostly been too narrow for two cars to meet, with lots of turns, humps and holes. The ice makes natural speed bumps everywhere. Before going I tightned the oil nuts, and it didn't leak! For the first 200 kilometers or so... Right before I reached home my speedometer stopped working :/
                      GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
                        I dropped my bike trying to quickly get this shot (not the safest place to park).

/
                        Very scenic shots.

I assume you dropped bike to the left. Had you dropped it to the right, there would probably be much more to the story.
                        Perhaps dropping off the pavement caused that.

Comment

Very scenic shots.

I assume you dropped bike to the left. Had you dropped it to the right, there would probably be much more to the story.
                          Perhaps dropping off the pavement caused that.
                          I think the main cause of the drop was my failure to properly put the side stand down before jumping off.

The engine bars are great though, seems to keep it safe.

Wait, are you telling me this isn't an amphibious explorer vehicle? Ill have to have a word with the seller :P
                          GS1000G 1981

Comment

Broke my first 1000 miles on the Ver'monster yesterday! The DMV is slowly getting this thing finalized for registration. I had to drive to the county Sheriffs to get the VIN verified... Thanks to COVID-19 registration is a long and arduous process. The Deputy told me, "keep riding it looks registered to me and we aren't pulling people over for minor infractions until the state of emergency is lifted", roger that deputy! Hoping the touring tank come in soon. with the added lowering pegs and highway bars the bike is very comfy.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Noreg, keep piling on the pictures, love it!!!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

This picture is taken a few minutes after midnight. Finally midnight sun season.

Today I tested my hammock, it was quite cold to lay in. So I need to add a fleece blanket to my gear. I thought my bike was broken when it wouldn't start after a stop (I somehow hit the kill switch).

I really want to do a long ride now. Considering doing the 1000km trip to Trondheim. Would be weird riding in the dark though.
                              GS1000G 1981

Comment

Noreg, I love that picture.

Btw, how far away from you was that landslide yesterday? Sure hope those folks were okay
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X