Colored wiring diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colored wiring diagrams

For better structure and usability, I'm starting a new thread.
    You can find all diagrams I create in this post.
    Updated as new ones are made.

Requests
    Everyone can use this thread to request new diagrams to be made.
    I'll need a starting point, such as the diagram from the manual or an online source.

Diagrams

Colored wiring diagram for 1978 GS750
    This diagram is for models with a separate rectifier and regulator, with no fuse box.

78 GS750 Color.pdf

Colored wiring diagram for 82 GS750E-ES
    This diagram is for E and ES versions of 82 GS750. (Maybe the same for 79-82)

82_GS750E-S.pdf

Colored wiring diagram for 83-86 GS750E-ES
    This diagram is for E and ES versions of 83-86 GS750.

83-86_GS750E-ES_Color.pdf

Colored wiring diagram for 78 GS1000 E-S-L
    This diagram is for E, S and L versions of 78 GS1000. (maybe other years)

78_GS1000-E-S-L_Color.pdf

Colored wiring diagram for 1977-82 GS550 (All Models)
    This diagram is from the service manual at Basscliff's site for all 1977-82 GS550.

GS550_77-82_Color.pdf

Colored wiring diagram for GS1150EF
    This diagram is for EF versions of 84-86 GS1150.(maybe other years) AKA GSX1100.

GS1150EF.pdf

All wiring mods for 78 GS750 I have not verified all mods will work
    Includes coil relay, headlight relay, horn relay, Honda regulator/rectifier, running lights and auxiliary power mods.

GS750_Wiring_Mods.pdf

If anyone has trouble with the download links, let me know. And please let me know of any correction needed, as well.
    As an alternative to downloading the pdf files, you can click the thumbnails to view and save an image of each diagram.
    However, the pdf is much better as you can view individual circuits, making it easier to trace wires.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2012, 11:47 PM.

I added GS550 77-82 colored diagram as requested.

Comment

Hi,

The diagrams look great. You do nice work. I appreciate your efforts. The color diagrams are so much easier to read. If you don't mind, I'll keep copies on my little website too.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BasCliff

Comment

Thanks and you are welcome to them.
        You can never have too many sources of information.

Comment

I added a diagram for running the coil relay mod on a GS750.

Comment

I'm working on a mega diagram that has several mods in it. And I'm hoping someone can check out one mod for me.
            I think I have figured out a two relay system for having running lights with single filament turn signals.

Wired this way, the running lights should burn when the key is on.
            And then flash "off" when the turn signal fires.

I'm out of relays at the moment so I haven't tested this.
            So who thinks it won't work and why?

Comment

PM sent for a couple I think will be pretty well received here,78-80 chain drive 1000's and the 3gen 83-86 750's.Pretty please

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                PM sent for a couple I think will be pretty well received here,78-80 chain drive 1000's and the 3gen 83-86 750's.Pretty please
                I've already discussed this with SVSooke, but for anyone else interested, I'll start working on these tonight.
                It might take me a few days, I won't know for sure until I can have a look at them.

Comment

I've had the gs1000 finished since yesterday, I just haven't been able to upload it on my slow connection.

Comment

Anything for a '80 750e?

Might come in handy for me some day.

Comment

Originally posted by ValorSolo View Post
                      I added a diagram for running the coil relay mod on a GS750.
                      Just a comment that the wiring in the diagram will not do what you want it to.

The relay you are using for the coils has a #87 terminal and a #87a terminal. When the relay is in the OFF, or relaxed, position, there is a connection from #30 to #87a. When the relay is turned ON, or energized, that connection is moved from #87a to #87. That means that when the relay is ON, only one of your coils will be working.

There are some relays that have two #87 terminals. I have found them in auto parts stores, usually in the fog lights section. However, it is more common to have just one #87 and no #87a, so you will just have to make a Y adapter to connect both coils to #87.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve, thanks for the catch. I've been hoping for some proofreading help.
                        I actually fixed that in a new file I'm working on that I haven't finished yet.
                        I'm combining every mod I can find for the 750 in one pdf.
                        Still trying to get the starter relay mod worked out, then it'll be finished.
                        I'll update the first post and just remove the coil relay mod.

Comment

Updated with 78 GS1000 and all mods for 78 GS750.

Comment

Originally posted by ValorSolo View Post
                            All wiring mods for 78 GS750 I have not verified all mods will work
                            Includes coil relay, headlight relay, horn relay, Honda regulator/rectifier, running lights and auxiliary power mods.

GS750_Wiring_Mods.pdf
                            I just spent a few minutes looking this one over. Although I had to trace a few wires, it was easy because of the colored wires.

I see no problems with the electrical connections in any of the mods shown.

HOWEVER ... ... even a Goldwinger would be proud to have that many relays in the circuit. Where did you find room for all of them?

I thought I was going a bit overboard when I installed two or three relays on a bike, but there are SEVEN on yours.

Would you like a diagram to add number EIGHT?
                            It turns the headlight off when you push the starter button.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I only have four installed at the moment. I have four more ordered to be installed.

I was working on the headlight disconnect mod, just to have in the pdf.
                              I don't need it on my bike as the headlight is run through a switch and not always on.

Comment

Working...
                              X