X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Members, CLICK HERE!!

Greetings and Salutations,

(EDIT: Please DO NOT "Reply" to this thread to introduce yourself. This is an informational post only. Feel free to start a new thread in the "GS Owners" section of the forum to introduce yourself. Thanks!)

Every once in a while I will miss a new member or two and they may not receive their proper greeting. If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
    Help! Your Bike Won't Start
    DON'T DO THESE THINGS
    Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
    Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by dpep; 03-01-2023, 10:46 AM.

Hi,

I'm just bumping this because I don't have time to properly welcome all the new members. I will return to my self-appointed "duties" after my schedule gets back to normal.

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks for all the work putting all that info in one place! It's been a huge help for me, between your site and searching the forum, there haven't been any questions that I haven't found already answered!

Comment

Thanks for welcome- BassCliff !

Like the heading says- thanks ! The link you have about the GS' are great and will keep me in reading for quite a spell. I have a '79 GS 850 G and love it to death

Comment

This thread needs a sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
            He could make and sell DVDs
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              He could make and sell DVDs
              He'll need lots of releases.

Comment

Riddle me this..
                Riddle me that.
                Read the mega welcome..
                Or get hit with a bat.

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Yes, definitely +1!!!

I've always wondered why there was no sticky with BassCliff's mega welcome in it... but BassCliff you're so good at welcoming that I think we just take it for granted that you will do it... I think we need to ease the load a little for you
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

+1000

Make A Sticky!!!!!

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by pete View Post

I've always wondered why there was no sticky with BassCliff's mega welcome in it...
                      Actually, there is a link to my website on the intro page before you log in to the forum but few ever read it. There is another link on the GSR resources page somewhere but many members find the forum without ever realizing that there is also a GSR website with tons of information.

To be sure the new members can find the information they need I've gotten into the habit of spoon-feeding it to them. I don't mind when I have the time, but I haven't lately and I apologize. I'll ask Frank for a sticky then everyone can point new members in the right direction. Thanks all!

BassCliff

Comment

Bump!

Eric

Comment

Thanks Frank!

I hope this is seen by and helps all the new guys.

BassCliff
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-14-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Frank...go back in and enlarge the title about twice the size with thick black bold letters.
                            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Good stuff, thanks Frank!
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                              X