X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just signed up! Riding a 1986 GS 400

Comment

Just signed up! Picked up a 1980 GS1000 GL with some silly handlebars, spiky mirrors, and a lot of polishing that needs to be done... Cheers!
      gs1000.jpg

Comment

I find it very interesting that there are over 120 replies to this thread, in spite of the request in the very first post:
        Originally posted by BassCliff View Post

(EDIT: Please DO NOT "Reply" to this thread to introduce yourself. This is an informational post only. Feel free to start a new thread in the "GS Owners" section of the forum to introduce yourself. Thanks!)
        I have not taken the time to count the intros, but I'll bet it's at least half of them.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You reply to a thread musing over the replies to a thread?
          Slow say Steve?
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Yes, it's a slow Day, too.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hey everyone!! New to here new to the GS world new to here. Little about my bike its a 1981 gs1000 that i bought for 300 bucks. after some debating i decided to go the way of the cafe/brat style on it rather than restoring it to original. The bike that i thought was going to be a nice project has quickly turned into a wiring nightmare.

Comment

Hi all! I just bought a 1981 gs450t! It's my first bike, and I just started learning to ride a couple of months ago.

The bike needs a little bit of work, but I am excited to get it on the road. Brakes seem to need the most lovin' and then some regular maintenance.

4414396612884700747-account_id=1.jpg

Comment

Hey all. New member here. Been riding bikes for a while and have decided to do a project bike instead of a car. Got a 1984 GS750E Sport, basically just a frame, engine and suspension and am in the middle of installing a 2000 GSXR600 front and rear to it. So I am sure I will have lots of questions for all. I currently ride a 2013 CBR250R and just bought my son a 1989 FZR600. Past bikes include a 1996 ZX6, 1981 RD350LC, and 1979 XS400, so as you can see I am new to Suzuki, but have liked the bikes since watching Kevin Schwantz race the 500cc 2 strokes.

Comment

Hey guys, my name is dan, im a 27 year old kitchen manager from wiltshire, been riding since I was a young boy, had various bikes on the road since my first dt50mx, have owned a custom 1979 gs550 since 2007, been off the road since 93... has a gs1000 tank, wide glide yokes and spacer kit, billet forward set pegs, t bars, mz125 headlamp, lowered seat rails, rear end chopped, harley rear fender and seat, custom tail lights, aftermarket swingarm of unknown origin, 4 straight through drag pipes, k&n pods, electronic ignition, 1980 mag wheels and discs all round, modified us spec wiring loom.... thats all I can remember right now... sure if probably forgotten a few bits... iv spent the last 10 years rebuilding it from the ground up on a tight budget, acquiring parts and doing a ton of research all in my spare time... hopefully it will be on the road again in the next two weeks if all goes to plan... shes a little rough round the edges but my pride and joy none the less. I look forward to posting pics for you all to enjoy and possibly a detailed write up if I can find the time... cheers guys

Comment

Originally posted by 81BratShafty View Post
                      Hey everyone!! New to here new to the GS world new to here. Little about my bike its a 1981 gs1000 that i bought for 300 bucks. after some debating i decided to go the way of the cafe/brat style on it rather than restoring it to original. The bike that i thought was going to be a nice project has quickly turned into a wiring nightmare.
                      Originally posted by noogi1207 View Post
                      Hi all! I just bought a 1981 gs450t! It's my first bike, and I just started learning to ride a couple of months ago.

The bike needs a little bit of work, but I am excited to get it on the road. Brakes seem to need the most lovin' and then some regular maintenance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51326[/ATTACH]
                      Originally posted by laxcdn View Post
                      Hey all. New member here. Been riding bikes for a while and have decided to do a project bike instead of a car. Got a 1984 GS750E Sport, basically just a frame, engine and suspension and am in the middle of installing a 2000 GSXR600 front and rear to it. So I am sure I will have lots of questions for all. I currently ride a 2013 CBR250R and just bought my son a 1989 FZR600. Past bikes include a 1996 ZX6, 1981 RD350LC, and 1979 XS400, so as you can see I am new to Suzuki, but have liked the bikes since watching Kevin Schwantz race the 500cc 2 strokes.
                      Originally posted by King03sh View Post
                      Hey guys, my name is dan, im a 27 year old kitchen manager from wiltshire, been riding since I was a young boy, had various bikes on the road since my first dt50mx, have owned a custom 1979 gs550 since 2007, been off the road since 93... has a gs1000 tank, wide glide yokes and spacer kit, billet forward set pegs, t bars, mz125 headlamp, lowered seat rails, rear end chopped, harley rear fender and seat, custom tail lights, aftermarket swingarm of unknown origin, 4 straight through drag pipes, k&n pods, electronic ignition, 1980 mag wheels and discs all round, modified us spec wiring loom.... thats all I can remember right now... sure if probably forgotten a few bits... iv spent the last 10 years rebuilding it from the ground up on a tight budget, acquiring parts and doing a ton of research all in my spare time... hopefully it will be on the road again in the next two weeks if all goes to plan... shes a little rough round the edges but my pride and joy none the less. I look forward to posting pics for you all to enjoy and possibly a detailed write up if I can find the time... cheers guys
                      All four of you are awesome.

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        All four of you are awesome.

Ed
                        "Awesome", maybe, but, like many, many others, can not read.

Here is a quote from the very first post in this thread:
                        Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                        Greetings and Salutations,

(EDIT: Please DO NOT "Reply" to this thread to introduce yourself. This is an informational post only. Feel free to start a new thread in the "GS Owners" section of the forum to introduce yourself. Thanks!)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                        And yet, there have been 130 replies to the thread.
                        If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Dat? View Post
                          "Awesome", maybe, but, like many, many others, can not read.

Here is a quote from the very first post in this thread:

And yet, there have been 130 replies to the thread.
                          It's been that way since thread inception. I've asked/mentioned that thread should be "locked" but it hasn't happened.

Ed
                          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Ha ha il be honest I didnt even see the first post in the thread, just saw new members n a few intros n made an assumption... my bad...

Comment

Hi all! My name is Cole and I am new to the forum and Suzuki. Not new to riding though. I recently purchased a 1979 GS1000 that has been neglected for a long time. I plan on restoring it. Looking forwards to interacting with you all.

Comment

QUOTE=GSXR7ED;2407361]It's been that way since thread inception. ....Ed[/QUOTE]

If nothing else, this is an interesting study in human behaviour and to see who reads.
                                1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
                                1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
                                1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

Comment

Working...
                                X