No announcement yet.

Let's See Those L's!!! [GS***L Picture Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine as of now. Only had it for about a week.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      Sorry to hear of all of the unfortunate L owners.
      It makes for a heavy heart.

Eric
      Does it really matter what model I ride ? Cant I just ride ?
      Seriously .
      I did not expect this type of verbal harshness or ribbing on such a fine forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Wife's '82 850L

We can play "how many differences can you spot?" with this picture. (There are at least 7 differences from picture above.)

Stuffed bear.
        Windshield.
        Bungee net.
        Chrome rack
        On side stand.
        Tires.
        Bags further back.
        Flag.
        Waldo under air box.
        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner Automotive View Post
          Does it really matter what model I ride ? Cant I just ride ?
          Seriously .
          I did not expect this type of verbal harshness or ribbing on such a fine forum.
          It really is meant in good nature. Go into OT at your own peril, but here it's pretty light hearted bantering about oil, gasoline grade, chain vs. shaft, and yes 'L's. For the most part.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
            Stuffed bear.
            Windshield.
            Bungee net.
            Chrome rack
            On side stand.
            Tires.
            Bags further back.
            Flag.
            Waldo under air box.
            Very good, Allie.

I had not even noticed the bungee net, and was not worried about the fact that the second picture was on the side stand.

Stuffed "bear" is actually a rabbit. We just came off a toy run for Children's Hospital.
            Windshield was changed from Plexifairing 2 to Plexifairing 3. Only difference is longer lower legs.
            Bungee net, for sure.
            Chrome rack added to trunk. It's mainly used as a handle to lift the trunk lid.
            OK, it's on the side stand.
            No, tires are the same.
            Yes, bags are farther back, behind the shocks. That is why I had to make brackets to keep them off the wheel/tire.
            Flag was added to chrome rack.
            I am not telling where Waldo is, but he's NOT under the airbox.

What you missed (and really isn't all that obvious):
            1. In the top picture, just to the right of the windshield glare, is an automotive-type CB radio. That was replaced with a J&M unit on the left handgrip.
            You can barely see it in the second picture, look between the brake lever and the left handgrip for an unrecognizable black box.
            2. On the lower edge of the gas tank is a strip of blue LEDs.
            3. New handgrips that don't have chrome accents.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Here's my 81 550L

Mocked up with another tank and cafe seat. I'm hoping to have everything mounted and the bike back together by next weekend.

I need to make new sidecovers too...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Very good, Allie.

I had not even noticed the bungee net, and was not worried about the fact that the second picture was on the side stand.

Stuffed "bear" is actually a rabbit. We just came off a toy run for Children's Hospital.
                Windshield was changed from Plexifairing 2 to Plexifairing 3. Only difference is longer lower legs.
                Bungee net, for sure.
                Chrome rack added to trunk. It's mainly used as a handle to lift the trunk lid.
                OK, it's on the side stand.
                No, tires are the same.
                Yes, bags are farther back, behind the shocks. That is why I had to make brackets to keep them off the wheel/tire.
                Flag was added to chrome rack.
                I am not telling where Waldo is, but he's NOT under the airbox.

What you missed (and really isn't all that obvious):
                1. In the top picture, just to the right of the windshield glare, is an automotive-type CB radio. That was replaced with a J&M unit on the left handgrip.
                You can barely see it in the second picture, look between the brake lever and the left handgrip for an unrecognizable black box.
                2. On the lower edge of the gas tank is a strip of blue LEDs.
                3. New handgrips that don't have chrome accents.

I can't make out the area where the CB is very clearly. I see it in the second picture, but couldn't make anything out behind the glare in the first.

I did see the blue lights after I posted.

I actually forgot to mention the hand grips.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by hjacobmiller View Post
                  That's really nice, and one you don't often see.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Here's (formerly) my '80 GS550L. It now belongs to Rob and Heidi in Dayton.

Once I changed out the bars for standard "E" model bars, I found it to be comfortable and a fine handling little bike.

Nothing wrong with them once you get them set up ergonomically for you, other than the limited range on the small tank.
                    sigpic

SUZUKI:
                    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

By the way Mr. Steve, how does Mrs. Steve like the Show Chrome unit? I've considered that mainly for the volt meter and clock.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        Where's my hacksaw?
                        This is much easier and sounds better...

Comment

My 82' 550

This has been a fun bike so far, I took it last weekend to Mid Ohio where she blasted down the highway very nicely at 75-85 (and beyond) lol. A smooth and stable ride, its only bad points are the seat, which keeps a 6 foot 2 guy a bit close to the tank and the limited distance range of the small tank.
                          I just received, cycle orings carb kit, intake boot orings and stainless bolts for the boots. I have put about 2000 miles on this bike and its not a perfect runner yet, but will be soon I hope. I really only intend to sell it, but what the heck....its been fun.
                          I just got home from a ride in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                            This is much easier and sounds better...

You guys stay away from my rad sissy bar! (but you may cut the hump out of my seat at any time)

Comment

It really is meant in good nature. Go into OT at your own peril, but here it's pretty light hearted bantering about oil, gasoline grade, chain vs. shaft, and yes 'L's. For the most part.
                              Okee dokee

Comment

By the way Mr. Steve, how does Mrs. Steve like the Show Chrome unit? I've considered that mainly for the volt meter and clock.
                                It worked well, except for the backlight and the fact that it's NOT waterproof.

We have replaced it with one of these.
                                No real advantage to having dual temp displays, but the orange lighting is nice and matches the GS lighting PERFECTLY.

sigpic
                                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                                Family Portrait
                                Siblings and Spouses
                                Mom's first ride
                                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                                X