RIP David my stepson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP David my stepson

ok so he wasn't a member but i didn't know where else to post this.
    he was taken ill early september and quickly diagnosed with cancer.
    it was a very angry cancer that spread in his stomach very quickly.the surgeons could not operate on him for fear of him dying on the table.
    he was in Royal Marsden hospital for almost 2 weeks and yesterday he was transferred to a hospice nearer to us.

he passed away at 5.30 AM, 30/11/2012 peacefully and in no pain. David was 25 years old.

REST IN PEACE MATE, YOU WERE TAKEN SO YOUNG AND HAD A GOOD LIFE AHEAD OF YOU. SOMEBODY MUST HAVE HAD A GOOD REASON TO TAKE YOU FROM US SO YOUNG, I HOPE THEY LOOK AFTER YOU..........
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Sorry for your loss. To die so young is a tragedy.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

What a waste. Sorry mate
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

That's terrible news Adrian. My sincere condolences.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Very sorry for the families loss...just hate hearing of things like this. Keep your mind full of his memory. He must have been a great source of pride to you. Take care and come here to vent about anything you want brother!!!!
          Last edited by chuck hahn; 11-30-2012, 10:48 AM.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

My condolences. Prayers for your son, you, and your family.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

So sorry to hear this....prayers being sent to you and your family.
              IBA# 24077
              '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
              '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
              '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Sorry Agemax.

Comment

A tragic loss indeed. My condolences to you and your family.
                  '83 GS650G
                  '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

My Dad passed at an eary age and my Mum always said that the good Lord couldn't wait too long to have the best people with Him. That could be one reason.

Prayers are flying down the M5 as we speak.

Greetings
                    Richard
                    sigpic
                    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Nothing short of tragic. Sorry mate.
                      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Thank you for keeping us informed.Remeber you posting something earier.Best wishes from my family to yours in this hard time.

Comment

thankyou all for your kind words. it is very hard for us, especially my wife as David was Shirleys only child.
                          some of you may be wondering why i carry on posting here about bikes and carry on working on bits and bobs on my own bike but it is really the only way i can deal with this at the moment by keeping my mind occupied and keeping busy.
                          saying that i am permanently at my wifes side and there for her whenever needed
                          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Too damn young
                            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Mate that's terrible news indeed! I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you both can find comfort in many fond memories.
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                              X