Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
    Apparently you chose the right turbo with plenty of torque down low
    Many turbo designs provide a lot of power that comes on very suddenly making the bike undriveable.
    Congratulations!
    Itīs not turbo itīs Eaton M45 Roots type supercharger. Thats why it makes torque from idle to red line

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
      Itīs not turbo itīs Eaton M45 Roots type supercharger. Thats why it makes torque from idle to red line
      Immmmmmmm pressive

The torque curve is jaw dropping, you need 18" over swingarm?

Comment

Stunning ...
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Immmmmmmm pressive

The torque curve is jaw dropping, you need 18" over swingarm?
          Itīs only 2" over stock length and the front wheel is quite "light" when accelerating. On the fourth gear it stays on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
            Thought it looked familiar
            I picked one up a few years ago when the MINI Cooper owners were convinced their standard-fit brand-new factory 'charger wasn't as good as some shiny replacement.
            Paid €100 for it, which I considered a bargain.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Update:

Engine run fine through whole riding season. Only issue was piston slap when the engine was cold. Finally it was difficult to get the engine
              temp high enough to keep piston slap away. E85 fuel is good "cooler".
              I did not want switch back to gasoline, so I made a new big block and this time with JE 1327 pistons.
              When the first big block was with 0.004" piston to wall clearance, the second is made with 0.002".
              Now the engine is as quiet as old air cooled engine with lock up clutch can be.

Boring stock 1150 block for bigger sleeves:

Block & 1127 liners:

Pistons coated with MoS2 paint:

Comment

The 2013 riding season ends too early because of the clanking noise from the engine.
                Few months ago I get that noise maker crankshaft back from service (itīs good to have inspected, repaired, trued & welded spare crankshaft).

Here is the reason for the odd noises:

Comment

Long time no update, so:

Running in with the new pistons and cylinders are done and engine is working good.

Last saturday I was dynotuning my bike on LV Racing dyno. After some finetuning of afr and ignition the results was
                  209,7 hp and 181,3 Nm from rear wheel. A slightly more than last year, but nicer torque "line"

Last edited by Blower; 06-13-2015, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Very good figures! Excellent work, well done!

I have never seen that wear pattern on a crankshaft like in your photo above. What caused it, and can you explain to me why the wear marks only go across the journal and not all the way around it?
                    1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
                      Very good figures! Excellent work, well done!

I have never seen that wear pattern on a crankshaft like in your photo above. What caused it, and can you explain to me why the wear marks only go across the journal and not all the way around it?
                      According to the man who repaired the crankshaft, Old engines use to have sludge in the crank web groove from where the oil is forced by centrifugal force in the big end bearing. When this sluge looses, it can block
                      the oil hole and/or damage the big end bearing rollers, races or journals.
                      This kind of damages what can be seen on the picture is quite normal on roller bearings. The damage usually starts on the oil hole edges.

Comment

I love that bike-and your skills in building it.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

210bhp mmmmmmm. I bet that is a white knuckle pure adrenaline ride from hell.

Comment

Working...
                          X