X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and a few more

just a few more...

Comment

Looking good. Can't wait until she's all buttoned up.

Comment

Dressed

Well she is naked no more......her clothes are back on, and I even went for a small test run, only 7 kilometers, it started to rain....bummer

so overall she goes well, brakes are a bit soft, don't really grab, some buzzyness under certain rpm's not sure what that is all about going to have to figure it out, she pulls good and strong, can't over do it tires are not scrubbed in yet....

I have not put on the mid fairings, I don't have the mounting bolts and nuts and what not, have to still get those, so it's like she is wearing a very short skirt....LOL

I am happy....my work has put a smile on my face....

I will take some glamor shots once she is fully completed, but for now these will have to do.....

Comment

Looks very sinister. Just curious as to why you sprayed the windscreen..?
          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
            Looks very sinister. Just curious as to why you sprayed the windscreen..?
            Thanks....

I had to spray it, it was all scratched up, inside and outside, and it's actually cracked down at the bottom 2 bolts, I am on the look out for a new one, or a better old one, which ever comes along first....so it was a quick way of covering up the ugliness.....

need 6 Dzeus fastners so I can mount the mid fairings, no one has them locally, seems I will have to order online.....but have one more place close by I have to check and see if they have them....

Cheers
            Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Looks great my friend well done , I like the colour looks sick really, Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian, appreciate the comments....

now check out the next set of pictures, I was a bit busy the last hour or so, my son got me some vinyl.....

Hey SVSooke, this one will interest you as well,,,,,you didn't like my LASER. so now it's Carbon Fibre....LOL

Cheers

Comment

carbon fiber exhaust

Well I got some carbon fiber wrap, and got busy.....

no more LASER, now it's just Carbon Fiber.....

on to the pictures....

Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2014, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Yes 5 valves per, and as soon as you hit the 5 thousand rpm mark she just friggen goes
                    Pretty cool build. I had (and wish I still had) a Fazer, and that 20v 700 RIPPED. On the bright side I found my EZ looking for another Fazer.

Comment

Wow that can looks way better.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                        Wow that can looks way better.
                        Thanks....I thought you might like it better....

Comment

some outside pics

Well, I have actually been riding the bike now for several weeks, and it's a lot of fun, she picks up speed very quickly, anything past 5 thousand rpm she just wants to go, have redlined her a few times just to see how she goes, and hit 150 km per hour on a stretch of road, nice and stable. So far so good, and lots of fun, needs a proper paint job for sure, but that will be done probably over the winter, right now I just want to ride.....

so here are a few crappy pics with the cell phone, I will take some better pictures soon.....

Comment

Looks great GK , I almost got one kat done need to get out of house lol, do you guys still need those handle bars!! Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian.....

as for the bars, I will let Spyug comment, but he went back to the stock setup and I am not sure if he is going to make anymore attempts at changing anything, but I will let him comment on his plans, either here or he can PM you directly....

I am still missing my solo seat cover, have to get it from Spyug, he was fixing it up for me, I have just been lazy to go and get it....

Hopefully we will still get a chance to come out and see you.....gotta see your Kat's....

Cheers.....

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post

Silver or Black....hmmm

Going to have to think about it....now...

I've been thinking... ... looking at your recent photos... maybe go with a two-tone job?

IMHO:
                                The bike looks stunning but all black bodywork blends in too much with the rest of the bike. Whereas silver bodywork could brake the visual lines of the bike too much as there would be a big contrast to the rest of the bike that's black.

So maybe a clever two-tone job would preserve the visual flow but would also give some accent overall?
                                GS850GT

Comment

Working...
                                X