This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator, The GSR travelling mascot.

Hi there, my name is Stator & I am a biker bear.

I am wanting to meet as many GSR members as I can & I want to bum a lift whenever there is space on the bike. I am not very big & weigh about a kilo.

I do not pay my own way, I expect to be pampered, given rides & fed entirely at everyone’s expense.

I am particularly partial to good beer & since I am a bear, I will try to reciprocate to most on GSR by turning into a biker after 6 beers.

Colin Green has given me a logbook & has promised me a ride tomorrow. I will be keeping an accurate log of all my rides & experiences & will keep everyone informed of my whereabouts.
    I expect the GSR folk who take me for rides to give details of the ride as well.

I also expect photos to be taken of me & the bikes that I ride on & posted here.

I am looking forward to riding all over the world & meeting fellow GSR members.

Regards

Stator

Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2014, 02:07 PM.

has Stator got a passport?
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Sure Bro. We'll put a Tui or Speights label on his bag (depending on which Island he leaves from).

Comment

Lets contact the Admin and give Stator his own account & password. Set up a Photobucket account same way. Then he can "post" his own travels.

Put the passwords & account info in the logbook. ONLY the person who has Stator at any given time can post on his behalf.

Comment

this is friggin fantastic!!!!!! Another freeloader --without a bike ---on this forum......gheezzz!!!!

J/K. Cant wait till the old boy gets to my place someday.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
            this is friggin fantastic!!!!!! Another freeloader --without a bike ---on this forum......gheezzz!!!!

J/K. Cant wait till the old boy gets to my place someday.
            Mine as well. It'll look good sitting on Stan's GK heading to Oshkosh...
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

He will have a Cooley ride when he gets to my place. Heck he might get a ride on all the bikes. If not, photo ops for sure.
              Last edited by chuck hahn; 07-10-2013, 01:07 PM.
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

So... Stator is in South Africa? Count me in when ever he gets to Northern California. Keep us posted on his travels! Paul

PS, I've sent AZR a couple of PM's to get me on the map with no response. With more people on the map, a route can be more easily planned.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2013, 01:32 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Make it a ride to the next guy and hand him off kind of affair. Like send him to say Houston in Teaxs, have Russ Reeves be the recipient, for example. Then Russ rides him to a close member for the hand off and photo ops, then that guy rides him to the next and so on.

Comment

Make it a ride to the next guy and hand him off kind of affair. Like send him to say Houston in Teaxs, have Russ Reeves be the recipient, for example. Then Russ rides him to a close member for the hand off and photo ops, then that guy rides him to the next and so on.
                    That'll work within any given country.

Just a word of warning. As he has to cross borders in his travels, keep him away from any pot or dope of any kind...as if anyone on here would smoke dope...lol. Race fuel can also excite the drug dogs - a friend of mine who'd ridden at Philip Island was strip searched leaving Oz when the dogs went for the fuel residue on his gear.
                    I'd hate to see him lost to a customs seizure....

Comment

This sounds like a fun way to get face time with the members here! Count me in, if old Stator ever makes his way out west....

Lousy freeloader anyway!

Comment

I like this idea. Though the only member that I can think of near by is Tom. NEJeff doesnt count, he's just down the road. Maybe we could ride out to Colorado together. I just hope Tom has found a 650E by then or I may have to walk home.

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
                          I'd hate to see him lost to a customs seizure....
                          I'd hate to see me lost to a customs siezure.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

include a note with him with a link to his website and a number for a person responsible to ask questions.

that should address what ever questions the checkpoints may have.

would be nice to have a 1 week limit in possession with pics of transfers. would keep it from being stagnant and would facilitate member interaction.
                            1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
                            1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
                            1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

Comment

I'm in! If my bike is done and riding by the time this gets going!

The Buell forum I am on is planning something similar, but only in the States. They seem to be too scared or see it as too big a challenge to get a Buell flag across the waters...
                              Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2013, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X