No announcement yet.

Sunday Brackets at Union Grove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope the weather gives you time to race. Its been in the mid 90's for a week. I have not raced due to family stuff. Post some video of the monster when you get time and stay safe.
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

My bike is running pretty good.

nearly 100 degrees ambient - 50% humidity - not bad for a #700 lump in the heat- I have noticed lectrons use a lot more gas than mikuni RS.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Good job there Trip... I'm a half a second behind you now and 10 mph... I need some giggle juice. Don't forget that I will be in Chicago the 26th thru the 30th. Call if you have time or are going racing that Sunday.
        Curt

Comment

1260 stock cam , big valve head fed by 33 smoothies

bring a helmet because I have something for you to ride - if you want to go out to GLD

DSC00018.jpg

Comment

DSC00017.jpg I went ahead and made a custom wiring harness - shift lights are the 2 turn signal lights on the dash. - looking for a little front end now.

last points weekend are AUG 22/23 I'm holding 3rd and it's a slim possibility to advance - but I'm going to try.

Comment

The ES looks good. See you in a week or so...
              Curt

Comment

unofficially, I think I finished in 5th place at great lakes dragaway 2015.

I have to thank my Sweet GS engine for a trouble free 2015. not a leak, no metal in the pan! all year not even a fiber plate worn out past service limit! air gap all season went from .070 to .090 .. the clutch nut stayed put , the sprocket nut stayed put - and I check them often anyway.

So what is she you may ask? . - approx.. 1500 cc self starting engine with a epoxy floor star head G13/G7 (102-115) 40mm lectrons , mtc slider 1100 ratio, simple pro cut stock gears -(not back cut)- hardened output shaft , launching at 4200 rpm shifting at 10K - 15/45 final gear. 26/9/15 hoosier. #460 . probably posted before - but I am pretty proud of how well it runs.

Sat. first round- lost due to sleeping at the tree - .154 r/t and running your dial dead on with a 8 - leaves a large gap to get underneath.
                Sun first round- lost due to break out ... .014 r/t and went 8:767 on a 8:78 dial -- coasting thru -- just a bump of the brakes would have changed the outcome.

no wind Saturday -nice sunny cool day - ran 8:69x , 8.69x - and 8.688 on my 8.68 dial fastest mph was 152.0

super windy Sun. - 30+ mph winds were ripping awnings off of RVs' -- riding in a cross wind is a dangerous challenge with a big tire slick- period.

Sunday time trials went -- 8:76x , 8.80x , and first round I put a 78 on it -- went 8.767 coasting across at 135 -- fastest in the crosswind was 147 ~ 149 mph

Comment

I'm really jealous... Hope to see you this coming Sunday for burger or beer or both... Miss the gang at the strip... See ya soon
                  Curt

Comment

IMAG0683.jpg

lucky lindy - on the 1150, belucci on his bike, greg and I in the backround.

72 years old - bike averages 10:20 ... Jim Lindstrom - one of the riders for the hog-slayer Norton way back when...

Comment

Got bored so new paint for the scooter...5734F2C0-3FC2-4ABD-B9F9-D959396E1129 (1).jpg

Comment

Absolutely looks 100% better that song " lady in red" is drifting thru my mind --- I still LOVE THAT FRONT WHEEL! I need one!

Really miss you belucci - cheese burgers at the lotus are not the same! look up twowheelspeed greg took it back and has some new classes - how's the action in TX?

Comment

Hey Trip... you have no idea how much I miss home. Of course the weather is a little better down here. 86 tomorrow and you guys are supposed to be in the 40's. But when all your friends are in Chicago area, it does not help... Have not figured out when I am coming for a visit due to Susie's car sucking a head gasket. We are going to pick up a used Lexus coupe tomorrow. Not something I wanted to do but at least it has no salt on it yet. Say hi to your honey and I will take to you soon...
                          Curt

Comment

howdy Curt! it is snowing right now - as they say it's cooler by the lake! no salt? how nice Trish says hi back , she also likes your new paint job on the race bike.

we will still be practicing at GLD - but I have registered to race championship points at route 66 in Joliet. My dream is to make it to winter nationals in Pomona. So we will be back to delay box racing against the Fosters, McCartens, Linders, and other national caliber sportsman racing teams. I have slowed the big bike down again and expect middle 9's are the ticket to gain some success. 24'th is go date = photos to follow.

as always you have a ride when you visit. Your street bike may not be registered but it has a better engine that it did when you sold it to me. Maybe not as good as the ray belucci engine it once had but 120 horses to thrash is not small potatoes.

keep a good attitude - we miss you too. trip-n-trish.

Comment

Hope the weather gets better by you.. We are still recovering from a hail storm 2 weeks ago. Damaged 700 new cars and totaled about 250. Good luck with Pomona,rooting for you. I will watch for photos. Send a text when you post...
                              Curt

Comment

1/8th mile in Denton Texas... I do love the sound...
                                Curt

Comment

Working...
                                X