Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gsxr 36mm slingshot carbs on 83 gs1100e, what throttle cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxr 36mm slingshot carbs on 83 gs1100e, what throttle cable?

I got a set of the bst36ss 36mm slingshot carbs off a running gsxr and i got the k&n dual pods to go on them, ive heard you need a longer throttle cable to do this mod, can anyone point me in the right direction on what throttle cable to get to make this work? Also, any input on jetting could be of help, im considering the factory pro stage 3 kit, or the dyna jet stage 3 kit for these carbs, anyones input would be great. The bike has the motogpwerks stainless yoshi replica pipe on it. Thanks for the help!
    1982 GS1100E 1983 GS1100E

I have a set of bdst36ss carbs on my 83 1100e. I bent the cable mount on the rack to accomidate the stock cable, works fine. Info on jetting and things here-http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=84777&highlight=stiksave

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks StikSave!
      1982 GS1100E 1983 GS1100E

Comment

Cable on bst 36 mm

Use stock cable use hole farthest forward on throttle tube and done sweet snaps back nicely. Ok just use hole on throttle tube hat is not being used not sure if it's farthest or closest
        Last edited by Guest; 02-20-2014, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by batterup View Post
          I got a set of the bst36ss 36mm slingshot carbs off a running gsxr and i got the k&n dual pods to go on them, ive heard you need a longer throttle cable to do this mod, can anyone point me in the right direction on what throttle cable to get to make this work? Also, any input on jetting could be of help, im considering the factory pro stage 3 kit, or the dyna jet stage 3 kit for these carbs, anyones input would be great. The bike has the motogpwerks stainless yoshi replica pipe on it. Thanks for the help!
          That pipe is a breather.!!!!my carbs wil work great on that

Comment

Are Slingshot 36s better than the stock 36s on the 1150?
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              Are Slingshot 36s better than the stock 36s on the 1150?
              In terms of smiles yes
              The BSTs are not a good design and wear out the slide guides, needles and emulsion tubes.
              I found a company still selling the slide guides and use Dynojet kits to set them up for the GSs.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Good info-thank you, sir!
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

I used a Motion Pro throttle cable set up on mine. I also went with the Factory pro jet kit as a base line. The thing to watch for on those carbs is the emulsion tube wears out. The hole gets elongated and makes jetting a nightmare/ impossible. I found this out first hand. Factory Pro makes new tubes that are made of a harder material.

Comment

Great advice, guys. Thank you. I found a set for $100 in very good condition (though I will have to look at slides and emulsion tubes), and I just don't think I can say no to them.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                    X