• Show
Clear All

Handlebar conversion. With a poor mans Bridgeport

Comment

It's in!!

Comment

..... On a bit of a tear.... Nice work.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks Glen.

Now I need to get better quality photos, for the first time it looks better than it does in the pictures

Comment

A bit of exhaust work. If you look at the crash aftermath pics you can see the header pipes got mashed up against the frame and the can got flattened.

Trying to repair it since I have a bit more time than money.

Cut the other side of the dents, heated and knocked them out from the inside. The can I rounded out the end as much as I could then finished it off with a small hammer. Either goin to try hydroforming or plugging the ends and filling it with water, then throwing it in the freezer. Hopefully it will push the dents out.

Comment

Decided on hydroforming. Worked way better than I thought. Can came out really good.

Comment

Comment

Wow man, great thread!
                  I build Pipers

Comment

Not much progress but sure looks shiny

Comment

Picked up some new hardware to install the cam end caps, rearsets, and coils.

Comment

Rebuilt the forks, ran the wiring harness

One fork tube was gouged pretty bad, filled with JB weld and sanded. Had to replace lower bushing also. We'll see how that holds up.

Wiring is not my strongpoint but trying my best to make it clean...

Takes a lot of patience!!

threw on the body for fun. Have some NOS side covers for it too.

Comment

So what's the skinny on running a gsxr 1100 rear wheel with the 1100e swinger as far as brakes? I see guys running an underslung rear caliper? Is this necessary? Or is that for bandit swingers? What's needed for the stock swinger/caliper setup?

Comment

Directions use to be in Katman's Major 1100 Kat Rebuild thread circa 2004 but his post no longer support pictures or the drawings. His solution for getting the rear brake pedal to operate the master cylinder in tight confines might not be applicable to your set up with your rear sets. He basically modified the brake lever pivot rod between the swinger and the frame so it was offset.

Rear sets from other bikes like the ZX12 can be swapped along with their integral master cylinder. I followed his lead and it was very tight still and I eventually moved on to his bandit arm solution.

Comment

Thanks isleoman.

You happen to know if the 1100e caliper and mount works with the gsxr wheel/rotor?

My wheels are at the powdercoater otherwise I'd look myself. Trying to prepare. For some reason I thought the caiiper didn't line up well.

Your bike is is a big inspiration for me.

Comment

Battery box secured and exhaust coated in VHT.

Comment

Working...
                                X