GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1327 Bigbore project

New project, i just cant live without a GS in my garage.

82' 1100E with a Wiseco 1327cc 9:1 Kit (Built for boost), Ported head, Web cams, Larger valves, Falicon crank, Dyna full ignition, Undercut trans, V&H clutch basket, Mikuni 40 Flatslides, manual CCT.

It already has most modifications i would have liked to do on previous bikes.

Performing regular maintenance, Carbs, plugs, boots, etc. Possibly some GSXR forks and Bandit swinger swap in future. Focused on getting it running and riding first!

Cant wait to fire it up and mess with some rockets

Last edited by Guest; 12-08-2013, 07:45 PM.

Cool!!! Big motors are BIG fun!!! Call me at 714--356-7845 if you ever need parts or info on the best way to keep a big motor healthy & alive. I have built more than 50 big (1327 & bigger) street motors. Ray.

Comment

Thanks Ray. Ill definitely give you a call. Looking at running it mostly on the street but open to racing. I'm thinking it should stay fairly cool?

Comment

Looks like a beast. You gonna stuff a baffle in that pipe?
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

After i ride it without one maybe

Comment

i would look inside of the engine to see what i have.
            seller's sometimes "stretch" the truth if you know what i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
              i would look inside of the engine to see what i have.
              seller's sometimes "stretch" the truth if you know what i mean.
              I hear you. No doubt ill also be able to tell by how it runs. Either way still a very nice bike for the money.

Comment

without a doubt...
                both bikes was a steal no matter what has been done to them.
                i see the RS carbs so that's a for sure thing.

hey,
                look on the choke side of the carbs..on a small pad it should say 34-36-38-40 ect..
                that will tell you the carb sizes for sure.
                Last edited by blowerbike; 12-08-2013, 09:21 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Yeah they are 40's i checked them. I really didn't see any reason for him to lie about what i was getting. He gave a more than fair price and was moving soon. Obviously ported by taking a look down the intakes. Valves look new. Ill have to pull the valve cover and check what cams i have.

Comment

most the time people don't lie...
                    they are either misinformed or they may not have gotten what they paid for from a shop or individual.
                    pull the basket and have a look at the crank and such...just sayin i have had about 50% accuracy on my many purchases over the years.
                    bottom line is it's good price wise even if it had a stock engine.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                      most the time people don't lie...
                      they are either misinformed or they may not have gotten what they paid for from a shop or individual.
                      pull the basket and have a look at the crank and such...just sayin i have had about 50% accuracy on my many purchases over the years.
                      bottom line is it's good price wise even if it had a stock engine.
                      Definitely. I am planning on replacing the clutch fibers anyway. Are falicon cranks marked in any way?

He had the title from 95' in his name, claimed he built the engine himself all at dealer cost. Even the portwork was done by him (Good or bad, that's to find out i suppose)

Comment

there's nothing to see as far as falicon engraving from the clutch side(maybe or maybe on the rotor side).
                        if the crank was in your hands/bench...then yes i have seen them engraved/dated ect...
                        helical gear engine..the falicon part doesn't really matter..it's just a weld job.
                        the small taper left sides are so fragile i would want to pull the rotor and check for any damage.
                        again...just sayin from past experiences.

Comment

Nice bike... Having one parked in the shed that will be getting the treatment when I have finished my current build I am very interested in how you get on etc.

So keep the info coming.
                          Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
                          The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Comment

Good to see your not wasting any time getting after it. Good luck with the project, and maybe we could meet up at the Bandimere all bike drags next summer?

Comment

I'd be happier with a stock one vs. falicon one....
                              Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
                              X