No announcement yet.

GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to both you and Ray for posting your experienced info.

So is there a top end limit with displacement for a common street pipe like the V&H? Seems to do OK with the 1170 and probably even the 1230.

For a street motor with head mods and proper carbs, would either of you recommend using the V&H street pipe for a 1260/1327 street motor?

I get the impression that the V&H pipe is used on 1260 and up engines not because it has adequate flow but because its cheap and commonly available.

Thoughts/comments?
    Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Bike ran strong. But the engine is sounding like a sewing machine! Didn't mess with cam degreeing yet, set valves at .08" lash. Not sure what is going on. Tried re adjusting cam chain tensioner but to no avail. Cams looked good. Just getting loud tapping from top end. Should i set the valves tighter?

Comment

5 ish ain't bad.
        8 is on the edge of being noisey IMO.

Comment

Valve clearance should be .005 INCH.
          Ray.

Comment

Sounds good. Could of sworn i was told 8 for aftermarket cams.

Thanks guys

Comment

Set the valves at 5 thousandths. Ticking still there. The whole top end is a rattling orchestra. Doesn't idle what so ever, but runs very strong at 2000+ RPM, absolutely screams. Does it sound like i may be off a tooth on cam timing?
              Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2014, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Pictures! We must have more pictures!

And videos! With sound! We must have them.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  Pictures! We must have more pictures!

And videos! With sound! We must have them.
                  I can't take pics or video until its worthy of pics or video!

Comment

You tell us it doesn't idle good but screams above, and I'm thinking '69 302 Z28.

Seems very worthy of pics and sound video.

We must have them. We must!
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I was off a tooth on the intake cam

No more tapping.......

Comment

OK. Pics to make Rob happy.

Out for the ride with the girl, She's happy on her XS400

Comment

Pics to make Rob happy.

Out for a ride with the girl. She's happy on her XS400

Comment

Bike went down friday night.

Anyone want parts?

I cant afford to rebuild right now. Frame is bent badly. Engine still turns over.

Comment

Sorry to hear, hope you are ok?

Comment

damn man...that ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                                X