GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
    Good to see your not wasting any time getting after it. Good luck with the project, and maybe we could meet up at the Bandimere all bike drags next summer?
    For sure. I have never raced but i would like to get into it. Have a friend at work who races consistently at Bandimere with a 1500cc Kawi. I only live 10 mins away and can hear the drags from my house.

Why would you rather have stock kingofvenus?

Got the carbs torn down & soaking. Bike turns on and rolls over well. Going to need intake boots and bowl gaskets at the least so far.

Comment

Why would you rather have stock kingofvenus?

Just not anything from them, they screwed me once....
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

The bigbore lives. Pics and video soon to come.

Comment

Little air leak but it does run. Need some warmer weather to get out and put some miles on it. Ordered air filters and boots. Changed oil with Amsoil 15w-40 syn. The engine sounds very strong in person.

Thinking i need to do a short pull throttle swap, black exhaust, cut down seat(Anyone want to trade??) and some decent shocks.

Comment

Now in the process of taking it apart. Ditched the bandit/gsxr ideas. I think i want to keep it old school. I have the ZX9 for the hard riding.

Has anyone done a quick turn throttle swap?

I am also looking for some cut down seat ideas. Any pics out there? Also ideas to save weight? I weigh about 180 but the bike definitely needs to lose a few pounds.

Anyone know the paint code for the champagne color?

Any parts/ideas anyone has throw it out there for me. I'd appreciate it!

Comment

Bikes current state. Feedback??

Comment

Here is the old chassis I used to run if that gives you an idea of something that WILL keep you in place on the bike.
                Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsonite View Post

Has anyone done a quick turn throttle swap?

it!
                  Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                    Here is the old chassis I used to run if that gives you an idea of something that WILL keep you in place on the bike.
                    Ray.

Cool. Probably wont cut it down that far but thats the idea.

Posplayr, thank you for the link. Couldn't find that thread when i searched for it.

Noticed when i cranked the bike over i had an arc from the left coil to the frame. What could be the culprit there? The body looks to be in good shape.

Comment

Really like the seat from this bike.

Comment

Voltage regulator??? Any good??

Comment

Ignitor they were good 30 years ago if it works its probably usable.
                          sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
                          1994 gsxr1100w
                          1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Well it ran so i assume it works. Guess this bike hasn't had a voltage regulator for a while.

Comment

Picked up some UNI pods and a trick aluminum battery box. Ill just have to weld some tabs on it for mounting. Lighter than the stock steel one

Last edited by Guest; 12-17-2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Couldn't keep away from GSes eh? Very nice score. Good luck..
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X