GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Couldn't keep away from GSes eh? Very nice score. Good luck..
    This one oughta keep me smiling for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Samsonite View Post
      Voltage regulator??? Any good??

we used to call those "dynasaurs" lol
      the crank trigger matches the box...i mean they have to be run as a pair/set...
      a corbin seat would look great if you could find one for a fair price....
      Last edited by blowerbike; 12-17-2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
        we used to call those "dynasaurs" lol
        the crank trigger matches the box...i mean they have to be run as a pair/set...
        a corbin seat would look great if you could find one for a fair price....
        Wel lit works so ill just run it. Looks like im going for a compufire 3 phase regulator.

Corbin seat....Yeah they're pretty tough to come by for a good price. I would be up for trade, my seat is in decent shape.

Comment

let me know if you need any knick knacks...
          i have sooo much stuff...knurled billet pegs new in the package and such.
          any air shifter parts a person would ever need...dyna shift light and minders.
          billet button assembly's.
          chrome moly zee drag handle bars.
          after market rotors...new and used.
          everything is new or used very little.
          ok done with sales pitch...hahahhaha

Comment

Started putting wiring back together and cant get it to crank. I can jump the solenoid and it will crank. I'm no electrical guru and this wiring has been hacked up. The plug near the headlight with the two O/W wires has gotten hot at one point, and one of the O/W wires was cut. Need to buy a good multimeter before i go any further.

Comment

Had a bad solenoid. Not sure what happened but i must have dropped it. Also Ordered a compufire regulator.

Nothing like ****ing off the neighbors with a straight megaphone bigbore!! Just sounds violent. Makes me wanna ride.

A little engine shot.

Last edited by Guest; 12-23-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Got the compufire installed. Kind of took a chance with just buying the regulator but she charges just fine now. Getting it put back together and hopefully ride-able by this weekend.

Comment

Anyone in the denver area have a 630 DID chain master link?? Or parts for a 530 conversion?

Comment

Got some decent lights in my garage finally. Rear wheel is cleaned up, sprocket painted, chain refurbed, next thing is installing new carb boots.

Comment

Dropped off the seat at a local upholstery guy. Well see how it turns out!

Comment

Are you keeping that back tire or switching it , brian

Comment

Hopefully burning it off this weekend

Comment

I may have an RK 630 master-link.
                            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I have the original 630 chain on my 1980 GS 1000E, would that be a DID chain?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks guys, i ordered one from the local shop but not sure if it is going to work as it did not say if it was oring or non oring style.

Comment

Working...
                                X