Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roeme View Post
    So nice to follow along.

Have you considered stripping the paint off the elevated structures of the valve cover? (That DOHC lettering etc, no clue what the proper english term is). Methinks that would look very nice, similar to how the spokes look now.
    Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
    A guy on KZR has done that to his 85 GPz750 and it looks real good.This seems to be going in the back to original as I can get it direction and all black wrinkle is how it was.There will be bits like SS brake lines and new shocks because those need replacing.
    Well I looked at the pics at the start of this thread and the raised bits where sanded from the factory I will be doing that now

Comment

The pipes are in the house!

Getting there slow but sure.

Comment

Only just found this thread ! Excellent and i will read again.
        I have an R1 too !
        Mine was dragged from a hedge too last year.

Mine is going but i didn't go back to restore it perfectly. I got it mechanically ok and cant stop riding it.
        Its the ideal second backup bike after a GS of course !

Are you near completion ? (Sorry to butt into your thread)IMAG1121.jpg
        UKJULES
        ---------------------------------
        Owner of following bikes:
        1980 Suzuki GS550ET
        1977 Yamaha RD 250D
        1982 Kawasaki GPZ 750 R1
        1980 Suzuki GSX 250E

Comment

Those stock pipes are a nice pickup! I love the sound of the stock exhaust on my KZ; there is some nice growl at low speed but the bike is not loud overall. No f'ing around with jetting tweaks either which is nice.

Keep going...
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I've always loved the sound of the stock pipes on the CB900f my brother just gave me. Plus, they just look right.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by ukjules View Post
              Only just found this thread ! Excellent and i will read again.
              I have an R1 too !
              Mine was dragged from a hedge too last year.

Mine is going but i didn't go back to restore it perfectly. I got it mechanically ok and cant stop riding it.
              Its the ideal second backup bike after a GS of course !

Are you near completion ? (Sorry to butt into your thread)[ATTACH=CONFIG]48513[/ATTACH]
              I'm not really close to getting her done yet.The problem of doing these things on a shoestring budget,things just have to wait till we have the $$.Nice looking R1!

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
              Those stock pipes are a nice pickup! I love the sound of the stock exhaust on my KZ; there is some nice growl at low speed but the bike is not loud overall. No f'ing around with jetting tweaks either which is nice.

Keep going...
              I was SO happy when the BC classics member said he had an set,a bit scared to as I thought he'd want lots of $$ for them.My freind with deeper pockets expressed an interest to so I was resigned to missing out.Well being a friend he passed.Getting them to me with no shipping helped out a lot!

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              I've always loved the sound of the stock pipes on the CB900f my brother just gave me. Plus, they just look right.
              Looking right is what it's all about here to.The V&H would have been OK painted black but the stockers are so much cooler!

Comment

WooooHoooo! Off the jack and on her wheels.Been a cold snowy winter here and with no garage the motivation has been lacking. Cripy you'd think I was living in Canada the way the weather was Picked up some brake pads locally to,$20CAD per set.Got all 4 sets of FA68's the guy had
                Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X