Solid State Power Box $150 plus shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid State Power Box $150 plus shipping

I'm hanging out the shield for the Solid State Power Boxes. A number of people have now installed the SSPB without too much problem. It should get easier as we go along. The hardest thing seems to be the kill switch mods, which in fact are no different to how you wire up for a Coil Relay mod.

This is what the kits look like. These are semi custom built to match the specific setup for your bike.

Price is still $150 (sorry price is not going down; there is just too much involved) plus shipping Flat rate in the US including insurance is $8 and Canada is $13. Email me at solidstatepowerbox@gmail.com to place and order or for any questions.

In a nut shell, the SSPB will provide better power distribution "safe power" (no more shorts blowing fuses), which gives you lower voltage drops to electrical components. So for example:
    • gives higher ignition voltages (coil and igniter)
    • faster starter cranking (with headlamp cut out)
    • brighter headlamps
    • Control for additional Switched accessory circuit
    • Safe power for unswitched accessories on an additional circuit

all in one package. The SSPB is made with rugged automotive grade components and designed with automotive standards from surge and transient suppression. The circuit card is epoxied into the lower part of the enclosure to bond the circuit board to an 3/16" thick aluminum heat sink. It is rugged and fully waterproof and the optimum configuration for motorcycle power distribution.

Generally that means:
    • Selecting the type of base (Diagonal, Symmetrical, tabless)
    • Selecting which side of the SSPB the primary wires exit.
    • How long your wires need to be fro primary and grounds.
    • I strongly suggest going to a Series R/R and if that is a Compufire, I add an extra ring terminal
    • You can get the connectors with pig tails pre installed or you try your hand at crimping. Either will work but if you can do the crimps it is a bit cleaner install.

Here is a figure showing SSPB dimensions and how that compares to many of the more common GS fuse box sizes. The SSPB should be a drop in replacement for any full size, 5 position fusebox. For the smaller ones it is larger, but still a compact package so generally you can figure out a way to fit it in including doing rel locations to accommodate the larger SH-775.

You can read about the SSPB here: Solid State Power Box

and you can watch the progress as people post thier installs here.
    INSTALLATIONS

Good stuff!
    Quality product with good customer service.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I'm looking to do another run. I'm starting to run out of cases and heatsinks although there are plenty of boards and other electronics parts.

I have emailed a few people that have asked, so if you have been thinking about getting one let me know soon.

Comment

I completed the last run of 5 units(shipped yesterday). It will probably be quite some time before I make anymore.

Comment

This is just to let everybody know I will be starting another production run of the Original SSPB.

There have been several people requesting them but I have been distracted with another project. There has been a small delay in that project so I am going to squeeze this production run in; I know how anxious people are this time of year .

I will be ordering parts today (after doing inventory)and plan to ship all orders in the next two - three weeks so (hopefully 2 weeks).

If you have not contacted me before, and you are interested email me at solidstatepowerbox@gmail.com to confirm order and payment information.

If you have previously contacted me, I'll send out an email to you from that address confirming your order.

I would like to only have to make one style of base and that is the Tabless. It takes the least room as it holds from the back. It is on the extreme left (#3) in the picture below. There are no other changes and this will be the same ORIGINAL SSBP. $150 plus Shipping ($8 continental US including insurance ). I'll let you know what it is in other countries. I see Canada has gone up and is now $22.00 but I want to confirm that with your zip code.

I prefer paypal, but if you want to do other options let me know.

Comment

Working...
          X