No announcement yet.

Stay away from partsfish.com!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever I purchase parts for either of my 2 bikes, I go to the dealership's site and then partsfish.com is the supplier (I guess), but I have never had an issue with their service. Usually as low priced as partsoutlaw and with the choice to pick up the parts in store, there is no shipping charges, just the regular sales tax which I guess can offset the shipping w/o sales tax added by other vendors. Also, they are just across town from me, about 20 minutes so no big deal in my opinion. I also seem to get the ordered parts within 5 business days.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I have used G&S Suzuki with good results other than it usually takes 2 weeks, also no problems with Partzilla. I prefer to use G&S to support their brick and mortar store. I would use my local dealer if they sold parts anywhere near Suzuki list, but they make up their own prices. Good tip about the $2.49 minimum, most of what I order is well below that, screws, bolts, washers, etc..
      sigpic
      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
      1983 GS1100e
      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
      1980 GS1260
      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
        I have used G&S Suzuki with good results other than it usually takes 2 weeks, also no problems with Partzilla. I prefer to use G&S to support their brick and mortar store. I would use my local dealer if they sold parts anywhere near Suzuki list, but they make up their own prices. Good tip about the $2.49 minimum, most of what I order is well below that, screws, bolts, washers, etc..
        Bob, just to let you know, G&S is the one that has screwed a few of us in the past. (See post #4.)

My previous post in this thread was just about three years ago, a few things have changed. Parts Outlaw is still my go-to place. You say you like G&S because of their brick and mortar store? Parts Outlaw is the online part of Deland Motorsports in Deland, Flori-duh. Yep, a "brick and mortar" store. They have removed the $2.49 minimum price per piece, they now charge whatever the price really is. The sad part is that they are no longer doing any discounts on their shipping, it's all flat-rate at $9.99.

Back in the days when I was using G&S, I had asked them about that two-week wait. They said that, as a dealer, they had to have a minimum order before they could call the Suzuki warehouse. I think he said it was something like $500. If they had just placed an order in the morning and got your order in the afternoon, they would have to wait until other online orders came in and/or their mechanics needed to order some parts to get that minimum amount. It might take a few days. When they placed the order with the warehouse, it would get filled, then shipped to G&S. Once they get it, they have to sort out all of the orders, then re-package your stuff and ship it to you. Overall, knowing what all goes on, it's not all that bad. On the other hand, if your order is the one that kicks them over their minimum amount, it might happen a couple of days quicker.

I have no reason to doubt that this process holds true for just about any Suzuki dealer with an online presence. Somehow, Bike Bandit seems to be quicker than most, but they are also the second most-expensive of the bunch. Yeah, they show a decent discount from "retail price", but their version of "retail price" seems to be quite a bit more any anybody else's.

Z1 still remains at the top of the heap for customer service. Unfortunately, they can't offer quite the discount some of the larger-volume stores can, and if they have to order something special, it still takes the same two weeks as anyone else, but generally, if it's on their website, it's in stock, and you will have it in just a couple of days.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

see post #16 above. Never have I had a two week wait for parts ordered from their on line fiche. It's always the standard line that I will get my parts within 5 business days.

Merry Christmas everyone.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I use partsfish to look up parts and see fiches for some Yamahas and then copy and paste part numbers for Ebay searches. I have onky ordered a handfull of stuff from them and didnt note they were faster OR slower than anyone else seems to be.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

If you use a local dealer than yes you will get it in five days the same for everyone else including parts outlaw. The extra week for out of town dealers comes from them then having to mail it out to you
              sigpic
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
              X