Stay away from partsfish.com!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay away from partsfish.com!

I ordered some parts for my bike including a couple of emblems from the gas tank. When i received them all the parts were just thrown in a usps flat rate box without a shred of packaging material what so ever. Well needless to say the emblems were totally scratched and dented and looked like crap. I have tried to contact them several times and get no response at all. I got burned for 30$ although not a lot of money it is money after all. Mark it up as a lesson learned and move on i guess. So if you are thinking of buying from them keep this in mind and find a reputable supplier.

A good heads up, thanks.

Comment

Good to know thanks I've been on that site before ..never ended up buying anything from them.

Some of these large internet suppliers look so much more legitimate than they are.

Comment

There are some local favorites, but the one that most of us are using is Parts Outlaw.

They are the second-cheapest for most items, but the vendor with the cheapest rates has shafted more than just a few of us.

A couple of things to watch for on Parts Outlaw:
        1. They have a minimum price. No, not a minimum total on the order, a minimum per piece price. If you order a washer that normally costs 87 cents, it will be $2.49. NOTHING is less than $2.49.
        2. They have a flat-rate shipping charge of $9.99. While that is not all that bad, if you enter the word "BANG" in the promo field on the checkout page, you will get free shipping.

One other thing to keep in mind with virtually ALL of the online OEM vendors: expect your order to take about two weeks. The vendor has to place an order with Suzuki, who then sends the parts to the dealer, who then has to relay it to you. Yeah, about two weeks, total.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

If you used a credit card to purchase the items contact the credit card company to see if you can get the charges reversed.
          82 GS1100E
          five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
          Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

Originally posted by jbthomp View Post
            I ordered some parts for my bike including a couple of emblems from the gas tank. When i received them all the parts were just thrown in a usps flat rate box without a shred of packaging material what so ever. Well needless to say the emblems were totally scratched and dented and looked like crap. I have tried to contact them several times and get no response at all. I got burned for 30$ although not a lot of money it is money after all. Mark it up as a lesson learned and move on i guess. So if you are thinking of buying from them keep this in mind and find a reputable supplier.
            I know this is an older thread but want to respond. If you receive a package via USPS and it's at least a minimum service of Priority Mail (which in this case it is) there is insurance and all you need to do is file a claim. It would be nice if Partsfish would have just handled it but you don't need them.

Comment

no packing material equals claim denied.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                no packing material equals claim denied.
                Ok, did not see that part. What reputable company ships without considering the contents welfare? I'll stay away from them as well

Comment

Steve, thanks for the good info on Parts Outlaw. I plan on putting that shipping discount to work.

Comment

It`s the first time I hear about this site. Doesn`t seem that trustworthy at all ...

Comment

I have had a very different experience with PartsFish.com. I've ordered from them a few times and have been happy with my orders. One of my orders was over $300 in small parts & hardware. They have also helped me via their live chat feature on their website. Nobody will ever compare to Z1 as far as customer service and packaging goes. They do it right(PLENTY of packing peanuts). The prices at Z1 however... But Still, Gotta love those guys at Z1.

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                        I know this is an older thread but want to respond. If you receive a package via USPS and it's at least a minimum service of Priority Mail (which in this case it is) there is insurance and all you need to do is file a claim. It would be nice if Partsfish would have just handled it but you don't need them.
                        Insurance would only be valid IF the items were adequately protected with packaging. I can't speak for the USPS insurance process as we have near zero insurance claims with them, but UPS WILL reject insurance claims where the box wasn't beat up and contents were damaged through improper packing. We've seen this multiple times where suppliers ship to us and things come in broken.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.saunders View Post
                          Insurance would only be valid IF the items were adequately protected with packaging. I can't speak for the USPS insurance process as we have near zero insurance claims with them, but UPS WILL reject insurance claims where the box wasn't beat up and contents were damaged through improper packing. We've seen this multiple times where suppliers ship to us and things come in broken.
                          Actually things have changed some Jeff. In the old days the package would have to be taken to the Post Office for the claim but now they won't even due a claim in person, it is all handled online. USPS never sees the box, never sees the packing (or lack thereof). USPS however does NOT pay the original shipping cost back where UPS and Fed Ex do pay back the shipping expense. If a claim had been filed with USPS it very likely would have been paid.

In this situation the issue is squarely on the shipper (Partsfish) as their poor packaging caused this damage and not on USPS

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                            There are some local favorites, but the one that most of us are using is Parts Outlaw.

They are the second-cheapest for most items, but the vendor with the cheapest rates has shafted more than just a few of us.

A couple of things to watch for on Parts Outlaw:
                            1. They have a minimum price. No, not a minimum total on the order, a minimum per piece price. If you order a washer that normally costs 87 cents, it will be $2.49. NOTHING is less than $2.49.
                            2. They have a flat-rate shipping charge of $9.99. While that is not all that bad, if you enter the word "BANG" in the promo field on the checkout page, you will get free shipping.

One other thing to keep in mind with virtually ALL of the online OEM vendors: expect your order to take about two weeks. The vendor has to place an order with Suzuki, who then sends the parts to the dealer, who then has to relay it to you. Yeah, about two weeks, total.

Almost just now ordered from Partsfish... saw this post when I was looking for a coupon code. Ordered from Parts outlaw instead and saved about $10 with that "BANG" code... Thanks jbthomp, and thanks again Steve.

Comment

Never had a problem with them, always good service. Been ordering from them for years now and still plan to.

Comment

Working...
                              X