Progress!!! 1978 GS1000E Restoration/Performance Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    I have a question. What's next? You definitely have the ability to make a motorcycle better than new. Any projects in the future?

And it begins :-)
    Cogito ergo sum - "I think, therefore I am"
    René Descartes

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
      G
      sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
      2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
      Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
      '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

To all who have been reading this thread:

As of a couple days ago, without notice, Photobucket decided to cut-off it's 3rd party image hosting unless you subscribe for $39.95 per month. Thus, all of the embedded images in this thread will no longer automatically appear. The photos can still be seen, but you will have to right-click on each individual photo and open them in a separate window. I need to figure out how to migrate all of this to another site, as I have no intention of paying over $400 per year and Photobucket can go eat a buffet of dic*$...

So frustrated right now...
        René Descartes

Comment

Yes Photobucket is f***ked. Use Flickr, far superior. The only way to move the photo's over though is to download them to your hard drive and them upload them to Flickr and replace the Photobucket pictures.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Oh, and for even more bad news, right clicking on any of your photo's does not bring them up to be seen. Weather you bring them up in a new tab or new window still does not show the picture.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
              Oh, and for even more bad news, right clicking on any of your photo's does not bring them up to be seen. Weather you bring them up in a new tab or new window still does not show the picture.
              I'm ffing irate right now - I've been on photobucket for 10+ years and had no warning of this BS. The migration of this thread to another service will take a very long time...
              René Descartes

Comment

Will be working on the migration to something this weekend - stay tuned...
                René Descartes

Comment

Pretty sure Photobucket has slit their own throat. I pulled all my photos and deleted them. Imageshack seems to be ok and charges about $20 a year for unlimited storage/hosting. Looking forward to the images returning.
                  -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
                  DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
                  -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Originally posted by IanC View Post
                    Pretty sure Photobucket has slit their own throat. I pulled all my photos and deleted them. Imageshack seems to be ok and charges about $20 a year for unlimited storage/hosting. Looking forward to the images returning.
                    Slow but sure I am working on it - everything has gone to Flickr...

UPDATE:
                    As of 7/30/2017, everything up to and including page 14 has been migrated to Flickr
                    Last edited by philosopheriam; 07-30-2017, 11:06 AM.
                    René Descartes

Comment

UPDATE:
                      As of 8/20/2017, everything up to and including page 20 has been migrated to Flickr
                      René Descartes

Comment

It does not go unappreciated. I reference your thread here often for inspiration in my own build.
                        -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
                        DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
                        -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

UPDATE, 9/30/2017, Everything up to page 25 has been migrated to Flickr
                          René Descartes

Comment

Thanks for the effort in swapping out all the pics. I'm sure Ian and I aren't the only ones who refer to this thread for inspiration and reference. It's been especialy helpful for me with reassembly, since you took such detailed pics of everything.

I had a hard drive get wiped and I had been slacking on backing up, so I lost a bunch of my "this is how this goes together" pictures I took when taking everything apart...
                            sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

To all: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Sorry I have been MIA for the past few months - a combination of busy at work and laziness on the weekends. The goal this new year is to finish all of the picture updates, 1 page per day until everything is done.

Everything up to and including page 27 is updated.
                              René Descartes

Comment

How much did it cost you to get the wheels powdercoated? Still happy with the result?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X