Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
    Dumping off topic was the best thing I ever did on this forum
    What happened? I mean Dracula is still alive…
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
      It's not about not going there, it's about having the access but not having the post show when u hit new posts..
      yeah i thought about that after i made my post but....
      i navigate differently so the only time i see the hate area is if and when i go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        Vortex is where you go to read about Muslim transgender politics.

Campfire is harmless off-topic.
        Everything that is unrelated to motorcycles is off-topic in my opinion. I'm here for motorcycles, not to socialize or politics or opinions. But I know other peoples preference differ on this, hence why the administrator gave us an option to remove it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by srg View Post
          Everything that is unrelated to motorcycles is off-topic in my opinion. I'm here for motorcycles, not to socialize or politics or opinions. But I know other peoples preference differ on this, hence why the administrator gave us an option to remove it :-)
          yet you post here in this topic, which has nothing to do with motorcycles.....

Comment

Ah, yes yes. Well....damn :-P

Comment

Ah, yes yes. Well....damn :-P
              LOL

but I did answer your gas question.... :-)

Comment

Actually this topic IS about motorcycles, namely how to have only motorcycle related posts show up in the 'new posts' searches. Unfortunately Srg I'm not sure if you can remove campfire posts from your feed without making the forum 'by permission only' which I don't think will happen. You will continue to run the risk of becoming hooked on home made muffins unless you undergo a paradigm shift and abandon the easy button altogether.

And you live in Philly but have never crossed into NJ?? Man I've been in PA and NY more times than you can shake a stick at. There is some nice riding here contrary to popular belief - but uh, stay away from Camden.
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                  Actually this topic IS about motorcycles, namely how to have only motorcycle related posts show up in the 'new posts' searches. Unfortunately Srg I'm not sure if you can remove campfire posts from your feed without making the forum 'by permission only' which I don't think will happen. You will continue to run the risk of becoming hooked on home made muffins unless you undergo a paradigm shift and abandon the easy button altogether.
                  Hm, alright. I suppose I can manage, heh.

And you live in Philly but have never crossed into NJ?? Man I've been in PA and NY more times than you can shake a stick at. There is some nice riding here contrary to popular belief - but uh, stay away from Camden.
                  Although the engine runs, it hasn't been in the proper shape to actually ride. Saying I've ridden in PA is stretching it a bit as it is :-P

Comment

Although the engine runs, it hasn't been in the proper shape to actually ride. Saying I've ridden in PA is stretching it a bit as it is :-P
                    Ahhhhh I see lol! I was in similar shape with my original bike, a '79 550L once upon a time. I hope it comes together soon for you!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Actually this topic IS about motorcycles, namely how to have only motorcycle related posts show up in the 'new posts' searches. Unfortunately Srg I'm not sure if you can remove campfire posts from your feed without making the forum 'by permission only' which I don't think will happen. You will continue to run the risk of becoming hooked on home made muffins unless you undergo a paradigm shift and abandon the easy button altogether. .......
                      Actually it's not about motorcycles at all, but how to exclude a certain forum out of ones view

as per the OP's post

Is there a way with the new forum software to get Off Topic out of the New Posts list? Or do I still have to ask to have Off Topic removed all together?
                      and why it was posted in the Forum Q and A section

it's how I see it, perhaps I suppose you see it differently....

Comment

Actually it's not about motorcycles at all, but how to exclude a certain forum out of ones view

as per the OP's post

and why it was posted in the Forum Q and A section

it's how I see it, perhaps I suppose you see it differently....
                        Viewing motorcycle related content being the original reason for the topic despite the immediate clamor of flapping chapped butt cheeks that followed.

Originally posted by pete View Post
                        Yup Allie, just want it out of my sight really

Thanks guys... guess I'll just have the access removed.

The biggest issue for me these days is time... I get about 30 minutes in the morning to spread between the GSR and Katana Australia forums so clicking New Posts and having 4+ pages to scroll through to look for technical stuff takes time... and these days it's getting towards half/half technical and off topic...

As for no likey no clickey, always do that anyway...
                        OP had access removed - problem solved. For him anyway.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Been thinking about this myself, was glad when I saw I wasn't the only one. Sent the admin a message, hopefully it will solve my situation also

Comment

Working...
                          X