Fork leg refinishing service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork leg refinishing service

I offer vintage fork leg refinishing for any Japanese machined aluminum fork leg lowers (Showa or Kayaba). Of course anodized or chromed legs do not apply! My goal is to get as close to the original factory finish as possible, with the added benefit of gloss clear powder coat final finish for durability. This looks original, but avoids the common failure and subsequent corrosion problems of the old thin laquer that was used in the 1960's- 1980's. This is a specialty that evolved from my restoration work, and involves at least 14 steps.

While corrosion can be worked out, the biggest issue with fork legs is any deep damage: pitting, gouges, hacks, and scratches. The better the existing condition, the better the results I can achieve for you. That said, owners have been pleasantly surprised at how much damage can be greatly lessened or blended out. Note that I intentionally do not over polish or "over restore" these parts- all rough cast sections are left as is, and all stamped factory numbers and letters are kept. Finish is a satin machine brushed look like factory original.

I do all work (including ultrasonic cleaning and powder coating) myself to control quality and turn around times. Turn around time is 7-10 days- your parts will not disappear for months! I will send you pictures of your completed legs for final approval before return. I have lots of experience doing this and stand behind my work. I'm a '81 GS650E owner (also had a new '78 GS750 and '80 GS850).

Cost for refinishing is $125 pr. (plus return shipping).
    Interested and want more details, pictures, or references? Please drop me a line directly for quick response at: alexcallas1957@gmail.com

Thank you for your interest- I look forward to upgrading your classic GS!

IMG_5764.jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2017, 01:02 PM.

I am still offering this service- with 2 more years experience since last post!
    IMG_7679.jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Honda RC30 fork legs and clip-ons:
      IMG_6429.jpg

Comment

Super nice looking workmanship. I'm curious what clear coat you are using, most people on the site have had little to no luck, with it either yellowing or chipping to easily.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

As I stated in first post:

"...added benefit of gloss clear powder coat final finish for durability. This looks original, but avoids the common failure and subsequent corrosion problems of the old thin lacquer that was used in the 1960's- 1980's".

Comment

Working...
          X