1979 GS750E Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jo,

I added more pics of the airbox on my reply...to include my trailer. I'll take better pics when I go home next week.

Ed
    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-16-2014, 05:45 AM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

How to make replacement rubber airbox seals.

Cut a piece of packing foam to a suitable size.

Hand press this on the the edges of the airbox in order to leave indentations of where the foam needs to be scored. Mark these lines out with a permanent marker and then draw in the edges of the seal to be cut.

Cut out a rough blank as shown below.

Foam blank being marked and cut,

Clamp this into place with the metal sidepanel as a trial fitment.

This will highlight areas needed to be trimmed. Source material such as this from custom gasket material suppliers, use your foam blank as a guide cut out a rubber seal and score in a similar manner.

Scan through the suppliers homepages to find a suitable material (thickness, sealing, oil / heat resistance properties)

This foam gasket seal is also missing.

Seen here in the second airbox I sourced. Again go through the custom gasket material suppliers homepages and you will find a suitable material

Jo

Comment

Working...
      X