Phillip Island Classsic 2015 line-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillip Island Classsic 2015 line-up

Joe Weir a sometimes member of this site is slated to race his Kat again this year.
    Records are made to be broken and this Australia Day’s big historic bike meet (January 23-25 ), the Australian Motorcycle News International Island Classic at Phillip Island, will set some serious records with an astonishing 526 bikes entered – an increase on the 490 machines that competed in 2014; and a massive 56 races on the agenda – up from 44 previously.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Some early race reports and photo galleries.
    MCNews brings you all of the latest motorcycle news including latest bikes, race results and motorcycle reviews.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

results including lap times etc

Comment

We beat the New Zealanders by nearly 100 points and got within 130 points of the Australians, which has been unheard of in the past as they have won it for 22 years. The UK was 'top dog' for the first time ever with Jeremy McWilliams, Ryan Farquar and John McGuinness. We're chipping away at it! My new build for next year...suzuki_xr69_4-690x459.jpg
        sigpic

Comment

I bet Ozman knows what it is but i sure don't.
          Massive ground clearance.
          Is it something that you will be able to use in North America?
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That's a very good question...AFAIK in the US the XR69 was only run with the 8V 1000 motor. Cooley and Thad Wolff had them. I suspect that combo pictured is only marginally legal under Oz rules too. When the XR69 was used in TTF1 it was the 8v thousand, then when F1 went 750, the 16V 750 went in.
            One reason the MacIntosh frame is becoming popular - besides it being still available - is that there is in period evidence of the 16V 1100 being used in it.

there's a bit of talk in NZ about our team...some good guys were not approached about going, too many Aussies drafted in....hopefully better next year.

Comment

building a XR69 joe ?

my advice dont buy anything from john simms / trident engineering unless you have your hands on it before paying
              his reputation for not delivering is worldwide

ozman

Comment

I have no bias on the country of origin of this excellent event.
                Some great on-board footage from Aussie Brendan Roberts riding an '82 Katana 1294.
                This is from Race 3 where he finished second after a restart. 271 kmh trap speed.
                Fantastic sounds in this clip.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                X