gs 1100 cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 1100 cams

can the cams on the 1100-1150 be used on either side (ex on intake -intake on ex) like on the shim motors???

no,
    they have a different ramp.

Comment

so say to run g21 cams on both sides ( or any other grind) a cam company would have to grind for intake or ex what a bummer sure is nice on the shim engines

Comment

you can look at the cams and see how the ramps are made for each.
        it's a rocker arm thing.
        the shim heads don't care.

Comment

also have some people locally telling me the 1100-1150s like as much duration or more on the exhaust as the intake? plan for now is a well ported but stock valve 1100 head and a 13.5 -1 1260 bracket engine may decide to lower to 10.5-11 to1 so can use as street engine any thoughts? plan is to use 40 lectrons for track and 36 or 38 mikunis for street 200 lb rider

Comment

Originally posted by 4cyl h2 View Post
            also have some people locally telling me the 1100-1150s like as much duration or more on the exhaust as the intake? plan for now is a well ported but stock valve 1100 head and a 13.5 -1 1260 bracket engine may decide to lower to 10.5-11 to1 so can use as street engine any thoughts? plan is to use 40 lectrons for track and 36 or 38 mikunis for street 200 lb rider
            Give me a call at 714--356-784five when you get a chance. I have some specific questions for you to help you out.
            Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
              Give me a call at 714--356-784five when you get a chance. I have some specific questions for you to help you out.
              Ray.
              will do whens a good time your time zone during the week

Comment

Originally posted by 4cyl h2 View Post
                will do whens a good time your time zone during the week
                I am Pacific time zone & work 2:30 pm-1:00 am. I get lunch at 7:00 pm so that is the best time if you call after 2:30. Usually, noon-2:30 pm is easiest to get me.
                Ray.

Comment

Working...
                X