Custom wiring harness or Motogadget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom wiring harness or Motogadget

So, as I have taken the bike down to bare frame and engine parts I feel like it would be a good idea to rewire the 650. Now, I can just simplify the wiring harness and run bare minimum (lights, starter) but I feel like thats... Too little but i dont want to keep the stock harness as I am going for a clean cafe racer kinda style.

Then comes along the motogadget M-unit as seen here: http://motogadget.com/en/electrics/e...sicherung.html
    Not only does this have the added benefit of having simple wiring, but it has the added benefit of fitting an alarm, turnsignal relay, fusebox, and even a keyless ignition should I choose to use it.

Thoughts?

The highest quality I have seen, and all the bells and whistles. The only down side is it is too much and too expensive.

I designed the SSPB as a cheaper alternative. (see my signature)

Comment

The Motogadget products are beautiful, but so so pricey.

Based on price and reputation, I would go with Posplayr's SSPB for sure.

Comment

Jim, have you any plans to do another run of the SSPB or are you still in the middle of your other projects?
        '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
          Jim, have you any plans to do another run of the SSPB or are you still in the middle of your other projects?
          I'm in the middle of several other things at the moment. My best guess is I start the layout of the NEW SSPB II and SSAB II in April along with a couple of other designs. At that time I'll probably finish out my inventory (less than 10) of the original SSPB's probably ready for delivery around first of mid-May. The New designs would be available in late summer after prototyping and a respin on the PCB.

Things might change, but this makes the most sense for me at the moment.

Comment

Very cool, keep me in mind for one.
            '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Very cool, keep me in mind for one.

Did you send me an email at solidstatepowerbox@gmail.com? That is where I keep all the requests. Tell me what you are looking for.

Comment

I just sent it along with a picture of the electrical mounting plate I'm currently using. The mail defaulted to my Verizon account if you already have my Gmail account. PM me when you have time.

Comment

I just sent it along with a picture of the electrical mounting plate I'm currently using. The mail defaulted to my Verizon account if you already have my Gmail account. PM me when you have time.
                  I have both but just responded back to the same address as was in the email.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                    The highest quality I have seen, and all the bells and whistles. The only down side is it is too much and too expensive.

I designed the SSPB as a cheaper alternative. (see my signature)
                    well then looks like i should have done my homework! very well done pos. no wonder you have authority in the electrical section of our little forum. hmmmm i dont think its too much IMO. however very right on the obscenely expensive... it would be nice but i probably wont have anywhere near that kind of extra money lol
                    But hey, isnt it nice one of our very own offers a less expensive solution? I am still astounded at the ingenuity that this forum has!

Comment

Working...
                    X