No announcement yet.

Rolling restoration of a 850L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is an awesome restore. Would you be able to do a video of it running in its current state?

Comment

Originally posted by jdion81 View Post
      That is an awesome restore. Would you be able to do a video of it running in its current state?

I have a few videos taken while out on a run, but none showing the bike itself. I'll get that sorted soon.

Finally got the grab rail fitted today. The seat makes it redundant functionally, but aesthetically I think it looks much better.

Last edited by Cyrano; 06-15-2017, 12:43 PM.
      The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Last Piece of the Jigsaw.

The only item still missing from the bike was the tool tray holder thing under the seat. There's plenty of the about and cheap enough but they are all in the US and international shipping through ebay's system was ridiculous. So when I spotted one on ebay I got my sister (who lives in Houston) to buy it for pennies and only pay for domestic postage. The she sent it over via snail mail so I saved a couple of buck overall and now I can stop looking for parts.

It does make thing look better and it polished up nicely.

Apart from that piece I've only been doing maintenance on forks seals, regreasing the rear brake livot and cleaning the gear indicator switch.

Still lovin' it.

Comment

With some (or many) disparaging comments on L models aside, you have taken one and really made a nice bike out of it with determination and a sense of stick-to-it-ness that should be applauded. I really like what you've done, and you should be very proud of that bike. I love the color scheme, and the seat blends into the theme really well.
          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
            With some (or many) disparaging comments on L models aside, you have taken one and really made a nice bike out of it with determination and a sense of stick-to-it-ness that should be applauded. I really like what you've done, and you should be very proud of that bike. I love the color scheme, and the seat blends into the theme really well.
            Thanks dude, that's really nice of you to say so. I do love it and it's a keeper, possibly my last bike too. One things for sure... it's always easy to spot it in the car park on bike night!

Comment

Working...
            X