Tofino BC trip report...with AZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tofino BC trip report...with AZR

So Friday Rob and I had lunch at Wheelies and decided that we should go for a good ride on Sunday. On Saturday we decided we would just do the Port Renfrew loop..about 325kms (200miles). We met this morning at, where else but Tim Hortons (we are Canadian don't cha know) at 9am. It was sunny so we said what the heck lets ride to Tofino...neither of us had rode our bikes there before because in the summer during tourist season the road would be brutal! So we thought why not take advantage of the nice weather as the forecast was sunshine and 100% no chance of rain for the whole Island.
    The round trip was about 680kms (410miles)
    We got home around 7:20pm and rode the last hour and a half in the dark, me with a tinted shield!
    We will be doing this again soon

Rob decided to raise the water level of Lake Kennedy.

No signature

Gorgeous countryside, thank you. What was the traffic like for you all?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Traffic was pretty light. There weren't many times at all that we were held up. We've probably got till about May sometime before that changes. I'll add one too.
      Last edited by azr; 02-16-2015, 12:24 AM.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

More....

Lunch time...

An awesome Salmon BLT...

Life is good! Notice the Old Skool helmets...lol

And we parted ways because the street lights had come on and we had to be home. Ten hours later.
        Great day, great ride with a great friend! Could not have been any better, thanks Rob!

No signature

Comment

Terrific photo's Trevor! I hope the water wasn't too cold or the bottom too rocky for Rob as he contributed to the water level of Kennedy Lake. I'm doing some research for loop rides up my way for when you guys come over. There are some fun routes around here. Talk to you guys soon.
          IBA# 12860
          Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
          1984 KZ1100R
          2008 Kawasaki KLR650
          2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
            Terrific photo's Trevor! I hope the water wasn't too cold or the bottom too rocky for Rob as he contributed to the water level of Kennedy Lake. I'm doing some research for loop rides up my way for when you guys come over. There are some fun routes around here. Talk to you guys soon.
            Thanks Glenn, can't wait to explore your backyard.
            No signature

Comment

Been going up there every summer since 94, but the tradition ended for some reason. That 5th photo is a great place to swim. Never been on a bike though. How were the road depressions and general state of tarmac? Great photos.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

They've actually done a bunch of new road so it was pretty nice. By the time you got to Kennedy lake the road depressions started but there really weren't too many. There was some pot holes on the way to Tofino including one that had to be 24 inches long and probably 4 inches deep that one was a killer for sure.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Now that is what I call a decent day's ride. None of this; "Rode 18 miles to Fort Who's it's for a drink and I was beat when I got home!" Looks like a good lunch. Salmon BLT...life's good! Thanks for the pictures.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                  X