So long friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long friend.

I've had a bad week last week. My best friend Eric died. It was a tragic accident that should have never happened. Eric was coming home from a bar with his roommate Max. The details are sketchy. Apparently Max stopped to let Eric out so Max could put his Blazer into the garage. Eric must have slipped under the vehicle and was dragged into the garage. Max gets out of the vehicle and goes into the house. After 25 minutes of wondering where Eric is at he decides to check outside. He finds Eric under the vehicle. Max gets his neighbor to see if they can jack up the car to get him out. Confused, the neighbor goes outside to see what was going on. He immediately calls 911. The fire department come and use air bags to lift the vehicle to get him out. The police take Max and give him a breathalyzer test, way over the limit. They change him with Aggravated Vehicular Homicide. This is his third DUI also has a hit and skip... Days later, I finally talk to Max. He says "I hope this don't affect our friendship" are you kidding me? I told him, I don't care to ever see him again or any of the Stage Coach bar people again. Then Eric's mom ask me if I would help her with her flower beds this summer. That really tore me up. The funeral was last Thursday. I'm getting over the whole thing and just want to move on. Eric was a good guy. The idiot just quit smoking. He rode a Kawasaki Valkin, was a heck of a golfer and a goof-ball buddy...
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

So sorry for your loss buddy. Tragic.
    No signature

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Be well.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Well....That was a pretty horrible read.

So, so sorry.

I am speechless. Thanks for the rant.
        Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
        1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

This is a good place to have rant.That was just tragic.The guy asking if it would effect your relationship floored me.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
            This is a good place to have rant.That was just tragic.The guy asking if it would effect your relationship floored me.
            Everyone seems to forgive the guy. Saying it was just a accident. Sure I feel sorry for the guy, but he needs to take responsibility for his negligence. If he lawyers up and gets it reduced to something lesser I will be so mad. I don't want to run into the guy on the golf course or riding this summer. He needs to go away for at least a year or so....
            My Motorcycles:
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)

Comment

I have a rather limited experience with alcoholics (I finally learned to avoid them once identified). But one thing is always constant and it's their denial.
              They will deny anything, anytime. There is no rationnal.

So, yeah. He won't ever admit that he as any part in this.... He is a victim really... In what's left of is mind anyway.
              Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
              1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

So sorry to hear about this. I suppose no one will ever know what really happened and sure, sounds like an accident but to not feel or hear it, wait 25 minutes to then finally think "Oh yeah! Where's my friend/roommate, under my vehicle?!" And then try to get him out himself without having frost calling 911... sounds like he was trying to cover his tracks and shouldn't be driving anyway - with 3 DUI's and a hit and run...it was a matter of time and sadly Eric was in the wrong place at the wrong time. No good, no good at all.

Hang in there man. I'm sorry for your loss.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------
                2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Well its very sad.
                  Sadder still that such a tragic accident had to befall someone.
                  But if you get in a car with drunk driver you are responsible for your fate.

Comment

Wow that is a horrible horrible story. I am sorry for your loss.
                    I am not telling you to forgive the guy but realise he is in shock - he's probably a while from behaving rationally or taking responsibility..

Comment

Sorry for your loss, terrible accident

Comment

Sorry for your loss. You have my condolences.

Reminds me of another horror: A family acquaintance killed his mother backing out of a hospital parking spot (they were there visiting the father, who has now survived almost ten years after pancreatic cancer).

Of course with alcohol involved, it's arguably not an accident. Certainly an avoidable accident, as most of them are.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

PS The driver will likely not be convicted of DUI. Unless his lawyer is incompetent, he can claim the driver did the drinking after the accident. If he was out of sight of the authorities after getting out of the driver's seat for any length of time, that's the standard defense. At least in the U.S.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            PS The driver will likely not be convicted of DUI. Unless his lawyer is incompetent, he can claim the driver did the drinking after the accident. If he was out of sight of the authorities after getting out of the driver's seat for any length of time, that's the standard defense. At least in the U.S.
                            That is what I'm afraid of. I'm just hoping he mans up and takes responsibility... Probably not going to happen.
                            My Motorcycles:
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)

Comment

I doubt I could be friends with someone that had that many DUIs...he obviousley has no concern for others so why have it for him. Selfish.
                              No signature

Comment

Working...
                              X