No announcement yet.

So long friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you guys for all your thoughts and good wishes. I would also like to thank our resident GSR preacher Kerfunk for his wisdon he has given me. I have noticed I have been saying "I love you" and "nice seeing you" a lot lately. I never realized I had so many friends. Heck, I've even been reading Ed's T-Nation thread lately
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Let me add my condolences as well. So sorry for your loss of a good friend. Hang in there.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Sorry about your loss. It takes a long time for wounds like this to heal. My prayers for you and his family.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Maybe not intentional, but this is not an accident but rather his negligence and drunken state and that should be punished. Not sure why he would even still have had his license if he has 2 prior DUI's. This time it was your friend, next time it could be a fellow forum member's wife or kid. Yes, jail time is appropriate. It may not rehabilitate him but there is still a thing called punishment for one's actions or negligence. You did well not to physically attack him when he asked about it affecting his friendship with you.

Comment

Storm,

My sympathies for your loss.

Tragic.

Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            Everyone seems to forgive the guy. Saying it was just a accident. Sure I feel sorry for the guy, but he needs to take responsibility for his negligence. ...
            I have had a few occassions (former life) to go back and look for a buddy (example: passed out in snow drift) and an occasion or two where buddys came back looking for me (hey, that stuff happens, you know, it was late in the evening). And some occasions where find damage to car in the morning.
            And, at the time, I would have called the incidents an accident.

Naw, no, noo ....

Let us know how you are doing.
            Grieve, - - but Don't let your anger cause you more problems than it needs to.

Let us know if charged with drunk driving (I suspect cant convict. not behind wheel, time had passed) or Negligent Homicide.
            Last edited by Redman; 03-02-2015, 01:30 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks Dave(and everyone) for your words of wisdom. I'm doing okay. What is really going to pi$$ me off is when I see him playing golf and riding his motorcycle this summer, having a good time. I'm sure he'll get just a slap on the hand. However, I am thinking about writing a letter to the judge and prosecuting attorney to tell them not to let him off easy... the preliminary hearing is March 31 I'll let you know what happenes.
              My Motorcycles:
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)

Comment

Norm, I am very very sorry to hear this news about the loss of your friend. This is truly a tragedy, and I hope that Max gets made into an example, rather than just getting a slap on the wrist. Losing a friend is terrible, but you realize, as you have, how much you cherish & love the ones closest to you.

Hope to run into you soon friend.

Chuck in Columbus
                '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                '79 GS425stock
                PROJECTS:
                '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

A little up date on the court proceedings today. Today was Max's preliminary hearing. There was no plea deal made (a small victory for Eric) The judge set a court date for May 7th. They also subpoenaed someone, I'm not sure who. Dragging this on another month. Another month of golf, motorcycles and drinking for Max! I do have faith in the justice system, he's not going to get away with a slap on the hand. At least I hope not...
                  My Motorcycles:
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)

Comment

how the heck is he allowed to ride motorcycles after his offense??? They actually didn't revoke his license on the spot? Or is it one of those things where he wasn't caught on the roads under the influence, just in his garage? Serious bummer. My sympathies go out to all of Eric's friends and family and yourself Norm. Take care.
                    '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                    '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                    '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                    '79 GS425stock
                    PROJECTS:
                    '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                    '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                    '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                    '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                    '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Working...
                    X