2001 Yamaha Fazer 1000S FZ1 Hooligan Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Love the paint. You mounted the side boxes pretty high. How come?
    Thanks Pilot, It was by far the BEST paint job I've ever done, ever. Trick was taking my time with it...

I mounted the boxes higher for a couple reasons; first was so I didn't have to figure a new mounting system for the stock turn signal lights. I also thought about my GF in the passenger seat, she like the cases higher for arm support while riding as the passenger. I will be creating a secondary frame that will link all three cases together for further rigidity
    Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
    Looks cool.....and a nice job you did,,,,

My only comment is on the exhaust can, it just don't look all that good, I wonder if you did a vinyl wrap instead, either in the green, or black or carbon, or something

this is what I did to mine

before the wrap

and after

see here - http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...04#post2051304

just a thought.....
    Thanks for the input. I plan on leaving the wrap but adjusting the ends, I need to find a better clasping/clamping implement. I tired giving the bike a used, repair on the go look. I guess. I didn't want it to be too perfect. But I'll look into using a wrap, that might be better in the long run. Is it just a basic vynal you used??? Or something specifically?. I'll be blacking out the end of the muffler at some point for sure.

thanks!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Just 3m wrap, same stuff they use to wrap cars

Comment

Thanks GK.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
        X