Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LADIES !!! Please check in when you see this thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phred View Post
    You are spot on there Allie. She is definitely not a "has been" There is lots of spunk in her yet. I just spent the day moving an old client into a seniors home as she is in deteriorating health and not able to stay at home without constant care as she has sudden dizzy spells and falls. (Age 91) Looking around the home there are definitely some "has been's" in there. But even my friend Marg is not one of them despite her age.
    You're only a has been when you give up living. This can happen at any age... I ain't gonna lay down and die while I'm still breathing.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
      You're only a has been when you give up living. This can happen at any age... I ain't gonna lay down and die while I'm still breathing.
      My definition of has been, I has been there and done that and gots plenty more to do yet lol.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
        A Joplin song comes to mind, " Oh Lord won't you buy me a new Suzuki, all my friends ride Beemers and Harleys, I must make amends....LAMO
        I will take one of those new gsx-s 750's.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Ladies. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
          Thank you Schweissy... Not many people will ever see those.....
          How is your wife, son and soon to be born son? Please send them my love and hugs.
          ...And thanks for the license plate edit...
          it is TJs first night without his mommy. She is in the hospital recuperating and bonding with the new little one. He was born at 9:54 yesterday morning. I had been up about 32 hours at that point. Got home, and TJ wanted to play basketball. I didn't want to play basketball, I wanted to sleep. Lol. We are fine. I woke up and found he had climbed into bed with me.

Comment

I can't help thinking of Mrs Sookie and her dad. I really hope she makes it through this challenge without completely loosing it. Prayers still coming her way.
            ..........Allie, I was thinking of retiring my riding at 65. I'll turn 65 in October. Maybe auction off the bike?
            I have been paying for insurance and 'license tags' for a few years, and hardly riding much. Maybe a fixed ankle will make me feel differently.

Comment

Keep riding!
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
                I can't help thinking of Mrs Sookie and her dad. I really hope she makes it through this challenge without completely loosing it. Prayers still coming her way.
                ..........Allie, I was thinking of retiring my riding at 65. I'll turn 65 in October. Maybe auction off the bike?
                I have been paying for insurance and 'license tags' for a few years, and hardly riding much. Maybe a fixed ankle will make me feel differently.
                Wow that's heavy. Do you notice many physical or cognitive issues when you ride? Of course some you might not notice, it's the nature of the beast. If your ankle is your main complaint I could see going to a lighter bike. I remember goggling over a Honda Cub 90 or something similar that was parked by the curb. Then this lady 'of a certain age' comes out and gets on it, I was all like, wooooah, cool! I always say when I get old enough I'll get a trike, or maybe a Spyder, or who knows what will be out by then. When I was a kid all the 'seniors' wend around on the 'adult' sized pedal trikes, you know, with the big basket in the back... If I have to I'll ride one of those!

I was thinking recently, there are things I've done that I'll probably never do again, and I don't miss them the way I thought I would - I'm just glad I did them, they'll always be a part of who I am. Riding is a little different, it's been in my blood since I was in diapers and I'll do it as long as I possibly can, but it's comforting to know that if and when the time comes to stop altogether the memories will be a part of me.

Still, looking at you, you don't look ready to slow down just yet!
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Must be this god-awful pain in the ankle... Must not be thinking straight.
                  I always thought I'd go to a trike, too. But, unless I come across a windfall lottery it might not happen. I would bet that I will feel better mentally when I get my ankle tuned up.
                  My mother had a three wheel bicycle with a basket in the back. She petalled it all around the neighborhood. She wanted to get a small engine on it when she got in her '80s, but, my friend (soul-mate) who was going to do it, died in a motorcycle accident. She passed a few years later.
                  Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, you two.

I hear Schweissy is a daddy again. Must look for a thread.

Comment

Checking back in. I've been away for awhile and had to create a new account.

Tamara
                    GS450L

Comment

Good to see you back Tamara! How are you doing?

Comment

Tam, you Sweetheart... How the heck are you feeling? We've all been concerned for you and are so happy you decided to check-in.
                        What's been happening in your life? ...So good to hear from you... Thanks for you inspirations in that other thread. You are loved... and missed.

Comment

Thank you for the well wishes. My Dad is gradually getting worse. We found out this past week that he now has a growth in the right side of his chest. Also that the Chemo treatments aren't working. He goes to see the the Oncologist on Friday, so we will find out what his options are then. He doesn't feel well a lot of the time, and is very tired most of the time. He doesn't always eat well either, so my Mom manages to talk him into eating as much as he can most of the time. As you can imagine things aren't going well at all. As for me coping and getting through it with out losing it, well lets just say that that isn't working either. I have very little appetite myself and I don't sleep well either. I am just hoping that the Oncologist can suggest some hopefully things for him, Not keeping my fingers crossed for that though. Deep down I know that the inevitable is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                            Still, looking at you, you don't look ready to slow down just yet!
                            Ditto that!
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I'm good . Had a few ups and downs but overall, good. How've you been?

Comment

I'm doing much better. I had a bad time with my asthma that sidelined me from a lot of things I enjoy but it's back under control and I'm back to doing the things I enjoy. I hope you've been well!

Comment

Working...
                                X