Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LADIES !!! Please check in when you see this thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Ladies, noob to the site here... Just posted something introducing myself in the GS Owners location. I have a 77' GS550 that I need to restore a second time because I was hit while riding on it

Comment

A VERY BIG Welcome to Lyra and Makeitso !!!
      Welcome to the best GS Forum site you can ever hope to come across.
      I am very excited to have two new ladies on the site! I'm sure it will be exciting to some of the men too...actually, most of them!!! Should they give you any trouble just pm me.....
      I think you will find them kind and considerate. There is a wealth of knowledge and help available here. We consider ourselves the GS Family... And we mean it! We may squabble; but;
      We ARE Family. I hope and pray you stay long enough to find out. You would be a refreshing breath of air for all of us...
      Heck, I just might be showing up here more. (Though you can usually find me in off-topic ......and tuffing it out with the boys!!! ...OK, they are men: But, all men are little boys inside...)

Does anyone know what happened to Tam? I am concerned about her.

Lyra, beautiful ride and a beautiful young woman!!

Would like to hear more about your story Makitso... Sounds like you are a survivor. I had a few wrecks in the 50 years I've been street riding...

Good to hear from you Allie and Phred!... A special thanks to you Fred, for contacting me...
      You girls are so much kinder than those male hooligans!

Best wishes and blessings to all .................Woo !! HOO !!! *************************WE HAVE COOL, NEW, CHICK BLOOD !!!**********************************
      Gramma

ps... The men should be posting here pretty soon... I can almost feel it coming.... But, they have been here in the past and are welcome ...Unless we otherwise specify, I guess................
      Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2016, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Oh, brother! Estrogen to the left, estrogen to the right...

How's that ankle doing, Pep?
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          Oh, brother! Estrogen to the left, estrogen to the right...

How's that ankle doing, Pep?
          Stuck in the middle?

Love is like estrogen
          You get too much, you get too high
          Not enough and you're gonna die
          "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Welcome to the forum Makeitso, good luck with your project. It would be interesting to see your progress and know the background. I'm glad you're okay after your accident.

Patti, good to 'see' you... stranger! I shouldn't talk, I was on 'walkabout' for a while myself.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
              Stuck in the middle?

Love is like estrogen
              You get too much, you get too high
              Not enough and you're gonna die
              Got this one ?

Well, the one on the right was on the left
              And the one in the middle was on the right
              And the one on the left was in the middle
              And the guy in the rear was a GS-er

Now this should be a lesson if you plan to start a forum
              Don't go mixin' politics with the folk songs of our land
              Just work on harmony and diction
              Play your banjo well
              And if you have political convictions keep them to yourself

Now, the one on the left works in a bank
              And the one in the middle drives a truck
              The one on the right's an all-night deejay
              And the guy in the rear got drafted
              97 R1100R
              Previous
              80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

HI Everyone... I am guilty... I have been AWOL, I guess...!
                Rob, the ankle is so-so... I've been helping out at a local grille, about 2 days a week. That is hard on the ankle, but, hard to survive without it!
                I've been helping a friend from Blue Island, IL (owns Expert Cycle at 124th and Western) rent a house out that he owns here. I'm getting lots of repairs done on his place, with the $$ I get for his rent. (Multitudes of work!)... At least I'm giving much needed jobs to locals I know... "Busy" doesn't even cover it. I've been helping him for 4 years. It sat vacant for 2 yrs.
                This wonderful man (Guy) said he's buying me a truck, because mine is so old and not always dependable. If he really does this, it would be ANOTHER miracle I receive. I might have to fly to Chicago to pick it up, but, he said he pay for transportation, a hotel (motel) room and $ for food and the gas to get back to Arizona... The Great Spirit is GOOD!!! We'll see if it really happens. But, I have a real good feeling about it..

I saw 2 accidents last Sunday. One was a bicyclist hit by a small truck, on the expressway. I was the first one on the scene besides the guy driving the truck, who was bent down holding the old bicycler's hand... The (60 yr old?) guy was really messed up. *(Head split open with gravel in the big crack in his forehead; couldn't move at all, maybe a broken back; arms and legs (wearing bicycle shorts) were hamburger. Finally the ambulance showed up. Took them 25 minutes from a firehouse that was about 6 minutes away.......

The second was a fatal motorcycle accident. We were about a half mile away from this one and stopped in traffic for an hour. An ambulance passed us with no lights or sirens... It came back with no lights and sirens. When the line of cars finally started moving and we passed 2 bikes on the side of the road. One was standing up on it's kickstand, the other was almost unrecognizable. It had rolled up into a big fat crunched cylinder, lying up agains the embankment. I was horrified. Speed limit on that particular road (Rt. 169 out of Prescott) is 65 and cars are always speeding on it. (the bicyclist was on an interstate (17) and the speed limit is 75...!)

Please be careful everyone, I know you know it... But, I'm repeating it for emphasis...

Makeitso... I also would like to hear your story. Have you posted it anywhere on this forum? Good luck on your project. Plenty of nice guys here, that's for sure!

Good to hear from you again Allie.... You have such a special way of handling those that get out of line.. (I love it!)
                Lyra, sorry I missed your official welcome. You are very welcome here. You make me happy !!!
                Phred, Thank you for checking on me. It was very, very nice of you.
                Brendan, you are a nice guy... Thanks for the input!

Love all of you very much.............................................. ...... Gramma

ps.... Anything about Tam?

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome!
                  My story, eh? Well quick synopsis on how I came to this passion... As I grew up, I identified mostly as an athlete. Soccer goalie, lacrosse defender. I went to college, got my mechanical engineering degree, and destroyed my body playing sports. I got out of school and realized how much time I had lost not learning how to tinker with cars and bikes and I decided to do something about that. My fathers brother died on a bike a long time ago and I was afraid to put stress on my dad... I did it anyway and he has been supportive. I bought a $600 GS on craigslist and learned to ride and learned to wrench

I think by my story you meant the accident? Here's what happened -
                  I was on a 40 mph regular two lane road at around dusk. I had no stop signs or traffic lights in my path. On the right, ahead of me, on a side street I saw a car pull up to their stop sign to take a left... I thought, "they might not stop...". I started braking but it wasn't enough, the kid (19 years old) blew through the sign and pulled out right in front of me. Instead of t-boning him I pulled to my left a little and he hit the bike right in front of my leg (if I was on a cruiser with 'foot forward' controls my leg would have been crushed). The bike and I went into on coming traffic and slid maybe 50 ft. When it was over, my left leg was trapped between the forks and the frame and the engine was on my chest. I held the engine off of me until a bystander pulled the bike away. I still have a little bit of a dent in my shin muscle from the forks. I have no idea how I didn't break anything... I was wearing full gear so my skin was mostly fine. The kids air bags went off and I think he may have gotten a ticket. I felt a little bad for him. He was SO shaken up - he said he thought he killed me.
                  If I was a more experienced rider, I may have been able to evade the car but I just don't have a lot of skill yet. So I thanked the good Lord for looking out for me and tried to get back riding as soon as I could!

Comment

Very fortunate, could have been a lot worse. Glad you survived and kudos for ATGATT.

Larry
                    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Wow Makeit so!!
                      ... You sound like a terrific gal! Lots of guts and courage !!! Just our kind of gal here..... You sound pretty sweet also.
                      You must have an angel or two on your shoulder, huh? ....I know... I must have a comp;ete chorus line of them....
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2016, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by makeitso View Post
                        If I was a more experienced rider, I may have been able to evade the car but I just don't have a lot of skill yet. So I thanked the good Lord for looking out for me and tried to get back riding as soon as I could!
                        There are some who rely on skills they imagine they have to evade. I don't think so. Long term put your trust in the man, wear the gear and keep talking to yourself about what's happening around you. Skills will come unnoticed. A bit of humility and preparedness will serve well. Make your luck. Your comment about the kid's reaction and how you felt for him, it's clear you are in the right 'head-space'.
                        97 R1100R
                        Previous
                        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I checked this morning and I am still alive! Working with a computer that just shuts down, does not help. Pray you are all safe and well!!!

Comment

Just checking in from Ontario, new rider with a 1983 Suzuki gs450L

Comment

Welcome Redwolf.
                              I have been awol lately...
                              Thanks for posting & bringing me back to life!
                              Nice bike, a 450... Just the right size!
                              Be well, ride safe & party hardy!
                              Blessings!

Comment

Welcome to riding and to the GSR, Red! We ladies are few and far between 'round these parts but we stick together.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X