Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LADIES !!! Please check in when you see this thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. I hope that when I grow up, I will be an athlete.

Comment

Hey all, I'm a brand new rider from Bellingham, WA. I'm hopefully picking up my bike next week! It's either going to be an 86 gs450 or an 81 gs450 and I couldn't be more excited to lose a couple wheels and embark on some two wheeled adventures. Stoked to have found this forum as well, I'm thinking I'm going to benefit from it a whole lot.

Comment

Welcome to the forum yeslek.
        I'm sure you will find great info and people here.
        Washington is a beautiful state.
        Glad you are here. Don't let 'em scare you. They are a very good bunch!!

Comment

Hi all. Seana from Brighton in the UK here...
          i was here a few years ago but things took me away...
          ... But now I'm back and tinkering on my 850G again.
          Nice to see quite a few "lumpy-Jumpered-spanner-monkeys" here.
          Ill try to post up a few pics of my bike when I work out how...
          xx

Comment

Welcome back, Seana!
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Thank you.
              x

Comment

Welcome Yeslek and welcome back Seana. I remember you posting a while back, hope your 850 is up and running soon.
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Man-o-man, this thread has been dormant for a long while! A lot of it is my fault.
                  I went AWOL for a while. Sorry...
                  So who's doing what these days?
                  Bike is running. Hope to ride this weekend.
                  Planning to go to the ArabIan Finals Horse Show in Scottsdale (AZ) tomorrow...
                  (Just re-checked the last post, and prior ones... Seems I have been gone a long time!)
                  WELCOME! New Ladies!!! & ***Blessings!!!***
                  Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah I haven't really been able to keep up either. I just moved to North Carolina for a new job and I traded in my Honda Spirit for a 2009 Kawasaki ER6-N!! It's a sweet little bike. Hopefully I will figure out how to ride it properly. It's tough getting used to a sports bike after owning a cruiser for a while.

My 1980 GS550 made it down here with me and I just completed a second round of carb cleaning to hopefully get the thing running. I may have a vacuum leak somewhere... Maybe next week I'll check the valve clearances because I want to learn how to do it!!

NC is amazing (other than the drivers). I have been able to ride my bike to work 80% of the time. That would never happen in New York in February!!!

Comment

Well, Yes... I've been AWOL again! Feeling bad about it, too. I posted in The Campfire a couple days ago but, for some reason I can't get back into Off Topic. Haven't ridden a few months, since I 'laid her down' at the local gas station...
                      Didn't do a lot of damage, but put a little scratch on a car nearby. The scratch was about 4" long & my insurance Co paid out 2 G's for it!! I didn't even make a claim on my damage. Broken right mirror & turn signal... Small dent in tank... I came out pretty good. Flew over the handlebars and bruised my knee and along the bone under it. All healed from that now... Still have to fix the bike. I hope you ladies are safe & well. I also wish for your happiness... Going to be 67 this year.
                      Thinking about a trike or smaller bike...

Comment

Hey there GPM, sorry to hear of your latest adventure. Keep us posted on the bike sitch, maybe you'd have more fun with a 'runabout' as opposed to a 'rocket' anyway. I've been AAWOL myself, there's just so much going on that I only check here every few days or so, and I miss a lot of stuff I'm sure. I need to ride more too. I'm waiting on a part so that I can button up the bike from the clutch spring operation, and will enjoy once again being able to throunce the bike up to red line in all the gears without the clutch floating. Hope to hear from you soon!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Ok... It's 2 yrs later & i'm checking back in...
                          Anyone home?
                          Got my old 'Peppermint Patti' name!

Comment

I'm here Sir!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Allie!!!
                              Have you been ok? You are still a RIOT!!
                              Got 3 shots in each hip. Disaster story.
                              Have severe scoliosis, severe degenerative disc, and 5 severely herniated discs. Doc said to fix me they'd have to install a lot of rods in my back.
                              I said, " Leave me broken." Shots are supposed to help ease the pain.
                              First time they got the hip that hurt the least.
                              4 days ago they did the correct hip. Lol...
                              Still hurts.

Might have to break down & pick up a man to ride behind... .....Even bigger LOL.....!!!

Comment

Life has certainly been eventful but I'm still standing. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmmm a man to ride behind, are you sure it's really come to that? Surely some creative application of ergo-mechanical modifications would keep you going. That and eat your muffins for plenty of nutrition.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X