Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LADIES !!! Please check in when you see this thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi kenyangi5 !!!
    So glad you checked in! We ladies are quite rare around here, so thanks for answering the call! You are very welcome here, as you probably already figured out my your association with the GSR Family.
    I for one am so glad you let us, girls, know you are here. I also am praying for Mrs Sookie. Sorry I didn't get to welcome you earlier, but..................Here's a great big WELCOME from Gramma Patti!
    Best wishes, and you have an excellent motorcycle there... Size is just perfect for traffic!
    Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2015, 12:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Checking in, got a new job last summer which stole all of my time away, so my account was deleted for inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrkut View Post
        Checking in, got a new job last summer which stole all of my time away, so my account was deleted for inactivity.
        Congrats on the job, hope it's going well! I hope you also have time to ride too... jobs have a way of eating into that.
        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

It is well. There are a nice group of lady riders there that have invited me to go riding with them.

Comment

Hi Chrkut! I seem to remember your name from the past... Glad that you are back!!! I think you're well on your way to riding again, even if you only get to ride once in a while. Coming back to the GSR is just your first step in getting back on her... Somehow, riding seems to sort everything out. I LOVE the 450L !!! I rode a 250L for a while. I've always had my 1100E. But, when I was parts dept mgr. at Suzuki City (Chgo) I was given my choice of a shop bike. I chose the 250L. I loved it, but, wished it had just a little more power. Now I wish I would have chosen the 450L... The 250 was maxed out on the expressways.

So, here's a big WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Gramma

Comment

Got to take it out today... Getting it in good shape to be able to ride to work. Hours were cut from 12 hour shifts to 10, so I'm not too worried about being too tired to ride.

Thanks for the welcome back.

Edit: Now that I'm on my computer, and since everyone loves pictures...
              Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

You are really a cutie! And the bike looks just perfect for you! The bike looks like it's in very good shape... Like it's owner. (NO I am not gay... Just honest!)
                Have a blast while you can girl !!! ................Cool house and yard also!!! (Like the helmet, too!)

Comment

Yes we do love pics and that's a nice one - bike is in nice shape, too! LoL nobody thinks you're gay Patti - or gives a wet slap in the first place. Just keep being you...

It's supposed to be nice tomorrow and then rain the rest of the week. I'll be out there with my son having a blast since it's his spring break. I'll think of you ladies and hope you're riding.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I was just thinking how there are literally no pictures of me with my bike in existence. On our ride today I decided to pull over at a scenic spot and see if I could get my son to take one. As we were getting off the bike he asked me to take a picture of him - I swear that kid is psyching (and has the ability to either teleport himself short distances or do some weird kind of time phase step thingy).

Anyway, my co-pilot:

And me with the wind blasting my face (the other way would have blasted my hair INTO my face)

It was a fantastic ride today. It was going to be a long one (spring break this week) but he was complaining of a scratchy throat this morning so we kept it fairly local.

Gramma Pmint I think you need to post of a pic, preferably a current one. Pics are optional for the rest of us but as the 'den mother' calling us in I think you're beholden to post up!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Thanks Allie and Pmint, I used to be... heavier... but the job took care of that!

The bike looks better in pictures than in person, but don't go telling it that. Allie, you and yours looks great as well!

I second the motion of more pictures.

Comment

Thanks Chrkut! And you do look fabulous!
                        Allie, I'm kinda short on pics of me (you know wrinkles and all...) but, I did ask Schweiss to post one of me that he took on his short visit here, just a couple months ago.
                        I promise I will try and get a better one taken...
                        Looks like I'll be weed-whacking again today... No rain in a long while, but, the weeds keep a-growing!

Mrs Sookie, How is you dad?
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-18-2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Update on my Dad. He has had all of his radiation treatments, and is now doing chemotherapy. The radiation treatments made him really sick. So far he is handling the chemo okay. He goes on the 22nd for a cat scan of his head, they want to see if the cancer has spread to his brain. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it has not. He only has use of one arm, he can`t use his right arm. The tumor in his right shoulder was so large it broke his scapula bone. He now has to use a walker when he walks. He has to have help to get up out of bed, go to the bathroom, have a shower etc. He has lost quite a bit of weight, his appetite isn`t as good as it was. He has to eat 60 carbohydrates at each meal to keep his diabetes under control. The doctor has him eating more protein foods as well to keep his weight loss from getting any worse. As much as I hate to admit it, I am sure that it is only a matter of time. I keep hoping that the cancer will just go away but I know it won`t. Since the radiation he has quit coughing up blood, which is a good thing. On a lighter note there are times that my Mom and I would just like to give him a swift kick in the ass. He sure does make a bad patient, he has never been this sick in his whole life. When I was growing up I would always tell him to quit smoking but of course he would never listen. My Grandfather who I loved more then any one else died from lung cancer. I was with him from the beginning to the very end, now it looks like I am going to be doing it again. Grandpa passed away in 1981 and I will never get over it. I will try to remember to post more updates then I have been.

Comment

Oh Honey, I am so sorry. Thankfully I've never had to face what you are now doing. Please know that you have the strength within to see this through. All these horrible things are tests, that just make you stronger.
                            Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, and may God be with you. BTW: Men make horrible patients... Maybe because they have no patience!!! They are truly babies when they are sick.
                            Please know: You will be Blessed for all that you do...
                            I lost my dad when he was 56... My brother was 49... Heart attacks. I cannot imagine what you are enduring. Please also remember you will be in the center of this forum's heart.

Also, on another note, I've asked "The Schweiss Man" to post a pic of me, on this thread, that he took when he was here just a short while ago. It helps if you can enlarge it...

Comment

I think Schweiss misunderstood where you asked him to post so here goes:

Gramma you've been to Hell and back at least twice and you look mmmmmmarvellous! Keep going girl!

Mrs. Sook prayers for the best in this harrowing time.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Thank you Allie. You are a very nice woman who has a great mind. (You look good yourself l!!) Your comments are soooooo fantastic at times. You are a good woman... it is so obvious...
                                Who knows, maybe some day we will meet. I would like that a lot. so...keep on: keeping on.... You are one GOOD cookie !!! ........Later Muffin Queen... And thanks for the nice, kind words.
                                *************U R Loved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X