My new 1997 Ducati 916 saga - tragic beginning but at least a happy ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
    Very nice... what's the pay to play on one of those?
    You make it down to Houston all you have to do is ask!

Or do you mean what are they costing these days?

Comment

Haha - I meant the latter but much appreciate the former! One day - I need to find some customers in TX to give me the excuse!
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I got that one for $4400. 18000 miles and original save for the Marchesini's and FBF slip ons. Neither of which hurt the value really. Maybe a touch high with it needing a service but they come up so rarely especially here in Texas I wasn't going to let a few hundred dollars get in way. So I have a shade over $6 in it now which I am sure I could get if I wanted to sell which I don't.

Comment

They are beautiful, aren't they? I bought this 2002 748S (with an 853 big bore kit on it) for $3500 Cdn last November.

I had planned on keeping it for awhile but the combination of an offer I couldn't refuse and the need to replace a TL1000R that I had sold years ago pried it from my hands. I miss seeing it in my garage but I sure don't miss the riding position!
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Amen to the wrist and neck breaker riding position. Ouch. Great looking bikes, but I'll pass. Two friends have owned Monsters, and both of those bikes have spent more time in the shop for odd, niggly bits than they have any right to.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

That's a great looking bike Russ. Love the new paint. I rode one exactly like that a few years ago. It was the most uncomfortable bike I have ever, ever ridden..but..I didn't give a sh-t. It was so much fun to play with the power, the brakes, and the handling. It's one of the coolest bikes to date that I've had the privilege to ride.
              1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Cool - less than I thought they'd go for

have fun on it!
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                  That's a great looking bike Russ. Love the new paint. I rode one exactly like that a few years ago. It was the most uncomfortable bike I have ever, ever ridden..but..I didn't give a sh-t. It was so much fun to play with the power, the brakes, and the handling. It's one of the coolest bikes to date that I've had the privilege to ride.
                  That pretty much sums it up exactly. Plus you can stare at it all day. No wonder people hang these up on their walls.

Comment

have fun on it!
                    Will have fun for sure. That figure is about right for a '97 with the mileage it has. If you have say a '95 all original with under 10k miles you can expect to pay north of $8000.

Comment

have fun on it!
                      748s are even more reasonable.

Comment

Russ, it looks beautiful! I have ridden my 95 916 at this point to 45K miles. I purchased the last set of European Cycle adjustable bar risers before they went out of business. They rise 1" and come back 1". It does not sound like much but turns the 916 into nearly all day comfort. My 916 has been all over the states. With standard maintenance these motors will go 100k.

Russ, have fun with it, it's one of the best handling, most beautiful bikes of all time.

Here I am riding my 916 up in Ventura, CA a couple years ago.

1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Working...
                        X