Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well gents, I finally got back into the project today. That was after I converted the shed back into motorcycle workplace. So I had the time today to take off the rear wheel, the shaft drive, swingarm and shocks. All I have left to get to bare frame is take off the engine and front end. Unfortunately I may not have a lot of time in the next couple of weeks because I have a Easter Cantata at my church where I sing in the choir (lots of practice sessions for the next 2 weeks followed by 3 concerts) but I hope to fit time in whenever I can get it.

Frank

Comment

Look forward to seeing it come along.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Good to hear you are alive and well.... and Singing !!! Hi to Cynthia !

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          Well gents, I finally got back into the project today. That was after I converted the shed back into motorcycle workplace. So I had the time today to take off the rear wheel, the shaft drive, swingarm and shocks. All I have left to get to bare frame is take off the engine and front end. Unfortunately I may not have a lot of time in the next couple of weeks because I have a Easter Cantata at my church where I sing in the choir (lots of practice sessions for the next 2 weeks followed by 3 concerts) but I hope to fit time in whenever I can get it.

Frank
          Tenor, baritone or bass?
          sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
            Tenor, baritone or bass?
            Tenor. Had 3 performances this weekend so no more special shows until next Christmas.

Comment

None on Easter???
              sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
                None on Easter???
                No, just the regular choir singing that we do. I didn't get to sign on Easter since I came down with the flu the Friday before and spent the next 3 days in bed.

Frank

Comment

The latest update

Well I got back into it and the frame is now completely torn down and the engine is out. Next on the agenda is strip the paint off the frame and get it primed and painted.

2016-04-05 15.28.37.jpg

Frank

Comment

Now we're talking!
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                      Well I got back into it and the frame is now completely torn down and the engine is out. Next on the agenda is strip the paint off the frame and get it primed and painted.
                      Frank
                      Good.

You get engine out yourself.....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sure did. Laid the engine on it's side and lifted the frame off of it. The trick will be in doing the reverse without scratching the new paint on the frame. There isn't a lot of clearance because of the size of the engine and the shaft drive.

Comment

Latest updated

I just posted an update to the project on the main webpages of this website. Go to the Yellow Frank Project-Current Project link for the latest.

Frank

Comment

How's this bitch doing?!?!?!?!

Comment

doesn't seem to be going very quickly!!
                              thefirstnowell

Comment

This is dead, right?
                                #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                                #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                                #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                                #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Working...
                                X