X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KGB View Post
    Don
    Was this the yellow bike you rode up here to Moosehead about 10 years ago?
    That's alot of history involved with this bike if it is
    As in Frank will need to ride it up here.........you know following in it's foot prints? Or tracks.....
    I hope he will, Keith.

Whenever that happens I will make it a point to board the Bandit and be there, too.
    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by KGB View Post
      Don
      Was this the yellow bike you rode up here to Moosehead about 10 years ago?
      That's alot of history involved with this bike if it is
      As in Frank will need to ride it up here.........you know following in it's foot prints? Or tracks.....
      No, Keith. That was my yellow 850. This bike was not yellow until a couple of weeks ago. I just left the pieces off after I picked them up at the paint shop. There is a good bit of the history on one of the other threads here.

Now I did ride this bike to upstate NY to the first GS Ride that Miss Fabulous had. That was after the crash and I rode it up to transfer the brackets and bags from a parts bike that I had purchased from her. There is a good tale or two associated with that trip as well.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

At this point I have the bike partially dismantled. It's going to be a bit of work but I know that we can do it!

Frank
        Last edited by administrator; 06-08-2015, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I am just finishing up a MUCH smaller rebuild of a 750t where I decided to paint the engine black. Not sure what it will be like with the fairings in the mix but the black engine with polished covers is a real nice look IMO. I imagine the yellow would really pop with the black engine too!

I look forward to following the process. Judging from the comments, this bike sure does seem to have a history and its always great to see another one brought back to glory!

Comment

(My engine is black....top end anyway...)
            You guys are doing a fantastic thing, by bringing her back to life. So good to see the co-operation going on here... And GREAT to see your faces. You make Gramma proud...

Comment

Just read the Mr. Ratly page. Great Story. Sorry I called him a her...

Comment

Where did this project go? Is it still in the works? I'm intrigued... And subscribed!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo76 View Post
                  Where did this project go? Is it still in the works? I'm intrigued... And subscribed!
                  Welcome to GSR. Do introduce yourself in "Owners" section.

Mr Frank Administrator reports being busy with rewriting entire webpage and dealing with other things in life.
                  And other folks (me) who said they were going to send some parts have yet to do so.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Been a few more months...any traction going on with the bike????
                    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Yes it has been too long. Some of it may be that Frank is posting what he is doing and what he needs on a page off the GSR Home Page which a lot of us do not frequent. I am going to make sure that anything which appears there gets copied over here on the forum as well. Or maybe Frank will want to just post both places. I am next updating the Parts Needed thread here to see if we can get some movement.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Good. I would like to follow the progress.
                        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Don, after the initial teardown I got tied up for the past few months with working 2 jobs and building a chicken coop. Needless tosay, not a lot has happened in several months with the bike. I hope to get things moving shortly now that the coop is done and things are settling down a little. And yes, I am now a chicken farmer...

2016-02-17 11.59.03.jpg

Comment

If the bike ends up looking as good as that coop, you will have something to be proud of.
                            I ride many bikes.
                            Some are even Suzukis.

Comment

Frank, you should have or very soon be receiving some 'seed' money from YellowFrank. Post what you need in the other thread.

Nature bats last.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                                Don, after the initial teardown I got tied up for the past few months with working 2 jobs and building a chicken coop. Needless tosay, not a lot has happened in several months with the bike. I hope to get things moving shortly now that the coop is done and things are settling down a little. And yes, I am now a chicken farmer...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44205[/ATTACH]
                                Lucky chickens. Can you train them to poop directly into the compostor barrel?
                                1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                                1983 GS 1100 G
                                2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                                2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                                1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Working...
                                X