1150 Drop??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by journeyquest View Post
    Dumping it on your leg isnt so great either. The plan is to lower it just what needs be. I just didnt know what the best way to go about it. I figured there would be someone on this site who could help.
    When lowering a bike extensively is necessary, other bikes might be better options. I had a friend who wanted a KTM Adventure 950 so badly, but after he bought it, the height of the beast was so awkward that he sold it. He knew lowering it too much would compromise how it was made and how it was meant to handle.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

This is not my bike but this is how low i would like it. Back wheel tucked somewhat instead of daylight. Not sure what was done?
      This bike, for instance, is simply stupid low.
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

I live in So Cal so there is alot of putting your feet down. The traffic here can get very bad.
        Originally posted by derwood
        your after market seat looks wider at the front than stock. that may be an issue. ( maybe there is a stock seat near you you could try)
        stock seat height is around 30-31 inches. It is actually a pretty low seat.
        I am pretty much flat on mine, not that I care, my feet are mostly on the pegs and generally, I only put my left foot down.
        (repeat) I have a fox shock, it is adjustable for ride height independently of preload.
        I am older and shorter than you
        here is a pdf manual for a fox shock......
        ..... http://www.adrenalnjunky.com/foxtcmanual.pdf
        hope it helps.

Comment

Ya you may be right. But there must be a happy compromise. The GSXR i have has approx 4.5 inch travel on the fork stock and the GSES has about 6 inches. The GSXR will run circles around it. There has to be some give. The 1150 will not be a cross country bike or a knee dragger. It will be for cruising around the area and short day trips to the beach or mountain which are about an hour away from here. There may just be something wrong with how the rear shock is setup? When i get a chance to take it to Race Tech i will find out. They are experts in motorcycle suspension and will know whats up. Thanks.
          Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          This bike, for instance, is simply stupid low.

Comment

Race Tech are good folk for sure. Best of luck getting it sorted.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

SoCal Awareness

I live in So Cal so there is alot of putting your feet down. The traffic here can get very bad.
              Oh, come on! It's not that bad out in the valley. Now coming west from either the I-10 or the I-210 from the Inland Empire, that's a whole other story. (The population is expanding more inland so I see that it is getting populated out in Riverside too)

Ya you may be right. But there must be a happy compromise. The GSXR i have has approx 4.5 inch travel on the fork stock and the GSES has about 6 inches. The GSXR will run circles around it. There has to be some give. The 1150 will not be a cross country bike or a knee dragger. It will be for cruising around the area and short day trips to the beach or mountain which are about an hour away from here. There may just be something wrong with how the rear shock is setup? When i get a chance to take it to Race Tech i will find out. They are experts in motorcycle suspension and will know whats up. Thanks.
              Here's my first bike...pretty standard front suspension/not lowered. (For comparison purposes only--not scolding) I know the 1990 and the 2000 are years apart in technology but the application is still the same. Any 1990 or later model GSX-Rs will run circles around a standard GS. Oh Geeze, please tell me you aren't gonna try and kneedrag on that 1150!

And as for the rear suspension, there's obviously a single shock on your 1150 because I don't see it like you can see the dual shocks on my "T". I notice lots of tire clearance on mine as well. My goodness I miss my bike!

Ed
              Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-27-2015, 08:56 PM.
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
              X