new project bike and new to the gs site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new project bike and new to the gs site

Just picked up a 1980 gs550l, had one when I first started riding back in the 80's, had so many others but I like the old classics, couldn't pass up the bike it was cheap.had the carbs redone, still needs some adjusting but runs nice.changed the bars, couldn't ride with the Buckhorn's.all stock otherwise.except for a homemade battery cover. Took th kg slider and backrest off, that was on it. Was gonna sell it, but reminded me of my first street bike, wish I could find a yoshimura pipe for it, that's what my 1st one had.
    Attached Files

Congratulations on the bike! Hopefully you get it sorted out just the way you want it! You've definitely found the best forum for your needs!

Some folks will be along soon for your mega-welcome, you'll find all sorts of good info there.

Have fun!
    JZ

Comment

Thanks, there is alot of info here to get my bike questions answered.

Comment

Check out bikecliff's website for your factory manual in pdf form, also lots of good how-to's and things to watch.

Comment

Welcome to GSRecources. I love you.

Comment

Welcome! I just joined recently and have gotten solid, helpful information from this site! My refurbishment to a 78 GS550 is complete enough that I'm riding every day!

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit View Post

That is either the warmest, or scariest GSR greeting I have read to date

Very very nice 550 you have there.

And yes.
              Welcome to the forum!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit View Post

We are VERY friendly around here...... Some obviously more than others...

Welcome to the site... And I don't love you...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Thanks everyone, I will keep you posted on the bike, best welcome I've ever had on a forum.

Comment

Welcome Aboard!!! The GS550 is a great machine! Small, peppy and good on gas. Enjoy your bike and good luck with your endeavors. I love the L's. Your bike looks pretty sharp!
                    Good luck!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X