Not a GS but kind of neat looking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
    It's a great little nimble around town and back roads bike or any place speeds will mostly be no more than 60-65 mph.
    Sounds like my style of riding.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
      I have a good friend that rides a TU250. It is nicely put together, looks great, and the engine is well balanced and NOT buzzy. Vibration levels are less than a GS750, which is a pretty smooth bike. My only complaint about it is power, but I'm used to my B12 and it isn't fair to compare it to that in acceleration. LOL Top end is about 75 mph, but for continuious cruise, I wouldn't want to keep it over about 60 as I don't like to keep an engine wound that tight for extended periods. It's a great little nimble around town and back roads bike or any place speeds will mostly be no more than 60-65 mph.

I think if Suzuki would make that bike, but with the GS500 engine in it, they would really have a seller.
      Agreed!

It looks like a fun little bike to putt around town on. I browsed at some online.

Cleveland Cycle Works makes some very sweet stylish 250s as well at a very affordable price. Even cheaper than the Suzuki.

Attached Files

Comment

"Top end is about 75 mph,"

My grandson's SR250 yamaha single from 1980 will top that. So much for technology.

Comment

Originally posted by AKC75 View Post
          Agreed!

It looks like a fun little bike to putt around town on. I browsed at some online.

Cleveland Cycle Works makes some very sweet stylish 250s as well at a very affordable price. Even cheaper than the Suzuki.

If you Google the CCW Ace for problems.......it's pretty much a piece of junk.
          Current:
          Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
          VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
          And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Universal Japanese motorcycle

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            The Honda CB750, a classic UJM

The basic platform was an upright, open seating position motorcycle powered by a carbureted, air-cooled engine wrapped in a steel-tube cradle-type frame, and at least one disc brake to bring it all to a stop. The simple design made motorcycling accessible to riders of all types and skill sets. UJMs were available in various displacements, and their ubiquity helped grow motorcycling in America during the 1970s and ‘80s.

Source: Motorcycle.com [1]

The term "Universal Japanese Motorcycle", or UJM, was coined in the mid-1970s by Cycle Magazine to describe a proliferation of similar Japanese standard motorcycles that became commonplace following Honda's 1969 introduction of its successful CB750 — which became a rough template for subsequent designs from all three of the other major Japanese motorcycle manufacturers.[2][3] In 2011, the New York Times said lightning struck for Honda "with the 1969 CB 750, whose use of an inline 4-cylinder engine came to define the Universal Japanese Motorcycle."[4]
            The UJM template featured a four-cylinder engine, standard riding position, carburetor for each cylinder, unit construction engine, disc front brake, conventional tubular cradle frame and telescopic front forks and twin-shock rear suspension. As the major Japanese motorcycle manufacturers, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha, began replicating each other's designs, the UJM's created a homogeneity of form, function and quality. UJMs included such prominent models as the Honda CB500, the Kawasaki Z1, and the Suzuki GS750. Such machines had massive sales, and UJMs continued to be produced for more than a decade.
            In 1976, Cycle described the new phenomenon, saying:
            "In the hard world of commerce, achievers get imitated and the imitators get imitated. There is developing, after all, a kind of Universal Japanese Motorcycle.... conceived in sameness, executed with precision, and produced by the thousands." [5] In the 2010 book, Sport Bikes, Hans Hetrick wrote that "throughout the 1970s, the Japanese companies experimented with different types of engines and frame designs. Their ideas soon came together in a rock-solid package. This design became known as the Universal Japanese Motorcycle, or UJM."[6]
            Subsequently, in the 1980s and 1990s, the Japanese manufacturers diversified their ranges, producing faired sportsbikes, race-replicas, dual-sport bikes and musclebikes.[7]
            Contemporary UJMs

A market revival has led Japanese manufacturers to introduce modern interpretations of the UJM, including Honda's 2010 CB1100.[8][9]
            When Suzuki introduced its TU250X in 2009 to the US market, author Pete Brissette of Motorcycle.com wrote that Suzuki had "returned to the simple formula of the UJM, and with it brought back the pleasures of riding a friendly, straightforward motorcycle."[10]
            Yamaha subsequently reintroduced their SR400 to the North American and Australian market.
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
            X