Sunrise / Sunset Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rkroby View Post
    Was nice to get out on this nice warm day.
    Hey you riding tomorrow?
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I was looking at the weather and was thinking Saturday afternoon.
      1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Originally posted by rkroby View Post
        I was looking at the weather and was thinking Saturday afternoon.
        We should meet up one of these days(next season likely). Maybe next summer? I try to get through the Catskills at least twice a year!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73
          Went out into the garage last night after work to warm up the bike and take a sunset ride. The bike was too cold to start, it just barely turned over. With a fully charged battery it still sounded weak and barely cranked. I put a space heater next to the engine for a half hour and then it cranked and fired up. I'm going to do the ignition relay mod, hopefully that solves the issue there. Anyone else experience this?

I was able to get in a 25 mile ride in the cool 30 degree evening and realized my Joe Rocket dry tech neoprene type gloves with thin liners are not nearly warm enough. After twenty minutes my hands were screaming, TURN AROUND! It's hard for me to hang on to the grips with thick ski or snowboard type gloves, which is what I've used in the past. Have to find some winter riding gloves now. Does anyone have any recommendations?
          That's a bummer...and odd that the engine was that cold. I keep mine in our two-car garage up against the wall closest to the inside of the house. I've had the battery tender connected to strengthen the battery and she cranked...I have to check fuel line/fuel filter/petcock/carbs for firing up!

Winter riding here in the tri-state area around this time can be a freezing experience. I put on thin layers (3 long sleeve shirts plus jacket w/liner) and thin thermal long johns with a pair of jeans. I have a set of leather chaps I bought from MrBill which really make a difference shielding the cold air. I also have a set of winter gloves that aren't too cumbersome but effective. I don't remember the brand but I'll have a look.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            That's a bummer...and odd that the engine was that cold. I keep mine in our two-car garage up against the wall closest to the inside of the house. I've had the battery tender connected to strengthen the battery and she cranked...I have to check fuel line/fuel filter/petcock/carbs for firing up!

Winter riding here in the tri-state area around this time can be a freezing experience. I put on thin layers (3 long sleeve shirts plus jacket w/liner) and thin thermal long johns with a pair of jeans. I have a set of leather chaps I bought from MrBill which really make a difference shielding the cold air. I also have a set of winter gloves that aren't too cumbersome but effective. I don't remember the brand but I'll have a look.

Ed
            Thanks for your reply Ed. I went ahead and started another thread in order not to hijack this one.

I had the battery tender plugged in up until right before I started it.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Today's sun dropping early....

Comment

Sure does :/
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

IMG_1824.jpg
                  Guess I'll toss my hat in the ring

Comment

First Sunset ride of the season...

Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Thanks. It's slowly coming along.

Comment

Maybe one of these days I'll see another sunset on the bike. Right now it's -13F wind chill, with whiteout snow conditions near the Canadian border where I'm at.

Comment

Is spring time now.....

Back to my old habits.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Q-in surf music here…
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Another Saturday evening ride.

Yep, went bye the beach at sunset again. Didnt hear any surfing music, although was the "Chile Blues" night (chilie cook off and BLues bands at some restraunts).

And a different take on this same spot as last week. And pier illuminated different.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Those pictures look great Redman!

You've got an eye for sunset photography

Comment

Working...
                                X