Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 161

Thread: Sunrise / Sunset Rides

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Centeral, Vermont
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkroby View Post
    Was nice to get out on this nice warm day.
    Hey you riding tomorrow?
    69 Honda CT90... The Fiance bike project
    81 Suzuki GS650G The something project...
    89 Honda VTR250 - Baby Interceptor
    15 Suzuki TU250X - The Tuxman SCR250
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 - Primary stead, mile eater, warp capable daily ride.
    13 Infiniti G37 S New aged "Z" Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highland New York
    Posts
    54

    Default

    I was looking at the weather and was thinking Saturday afternoon.
    1982 GS 550 L

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Centeral, Vermont
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkroby View Post
    I was looking at the weather and was thinking Saturday afternoon.
    We should meet up one of these days(next season likely). Maybe next summer? I try to get through the Catskills at least twice a year!
    69 Honda CT90... The Fiance bike project
    81 Suzuki GS650G The something project...
    89 Honda VTR250 - Baby Interceptor
    15 Suzuki TU250X - The Tuxman SCR250
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 - Primary stead, mile eater, warp capable daily ride.
    13 Infiniti G37 S New aged "Z" Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    DE via L.A.
    Posts
    5,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burque73 View Post
    Went out into the garage last night after work to warm up the bike and take a sunset ride. The bike was too cold to start, it just barely turned over. With a fully charged battery it still sounded weak and barely cranked. I put a space heater next to the engine for a half hour and then it cranked and fired up. I'm going to do the ignition relay mod, hopefully that solves the issue there. Anyone else experience this?

    I was able to get in a 25 mile ride in the cool 30 degree evening and realized my Joe Rocket dry tech neoprene type gloves with thin liners are not nearly warm enough. After twenty minutes my hands were screaming, TURN AROUND! It's hard for me to hang on to the grips with thick ski or snowboard type gloves, which is what I've used in the past. Have to find some winter riding gloves now. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    That's a bummer...and odd that the engine was that cold. I keep mine in our two-car garage up against the wall closest to the inside of the house. I've had the battery tender connected to strengthen the battery and she cranked...I have to check fuel line/fuel filter/petcock/carbs for firing up!

    Winter riding here in the tri-state area around this time can be a freezing experience. I put on thin layers (3 long sleeve shirts plus jacket w/liner) and thin thermal long johns with a pair of jeans. I have a set of leather chaps I bought from MrBill which really make a difference shielding the cold air. I also have a set of winter gloves that aren't too cumbersome but effective. I don't remember the brand but I'll have a look.


    Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Rear Shocks, Rebuilt MC/Caliper & new single-braided front line, Tarozzi Forks Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

    AKA: "Red" as named (Affectionately) by Gramma P.

    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    That's a bummer...and odd that the engine was that cold. I keep mine in our two-car garage up against the wall closest to the inside of the house. I've had the battery tender connected to strengthen the battery and she cranked...I have to check fuel line/fuel filter/petcock/carbs for firing up!

    Winter riding here in the tri-state area around this time can be a freezing experience. I put on thin layers (3 long sleeve shirts plus jacket w/liner) and thin thermal long johns with a pair of jeans. I have a set of leather chaps I bought from MrBill which really make a difference shielding the cold air. I also have a set of winter gloves that aren't too cumbersome but effective. I don't remember the brand but I'll have a look.


    Ed
    Thanks for your reply Ed. I went ahead and started another thread in order not to hijack this one.

    I had the battery tender plugged in up until right before I started it.
    Roger


    Current ride 83 GS850G


  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    3,907

    Default

    Today's sun dropping early....


  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Centeral, Vermont
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Sure does :/
    69 Honda CT90... The Fiance bike project
    81 Suzuki GS650G The something project...
    89 Honda VTR250 - Baby Interceptor
    15 Suzuki TU250X - The Tuxman SCR250
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 - Primary stead, mile eater, warp capable daily ride.
    13 Infiniti G37 S New aged "Z" Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    88

    Default

    IMG_1824.jpg
    Guess I'll toss my hat in the ring

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Centeral, Vermont
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    First Sunset ride of the season...

    69 Honda CT90... The Fiance bike project
    81 Suzuki GS650G The something project...
    89 Honda VTR250 - Baby Interceptor
    15 Suzuki TU250X - The Tuxman SCR250
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 - Primary stead, mile eater, warp capable daily ride.
    13 Infiniti G37 S New aged "Z" Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Thanks. It's slowly coming along.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •